Author Topic: Could she have been born in SEATON Parish?  (Read 9152 times)

Offline jadzia

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Could she have been born in SEATON Parish?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 May 13 00:44 BST (UK) »
I have looked through all my other Rutland baptisms and all of the others are too early or seem too late so I think this must be her....unless of course she married when she was quite old....

William & Elizabeth both aged 65 are in 1841 census in Exton, William is a Blacksmith.

They are in the 1851 Exton census both aged 74 William is a Blacksmith master of two men. They have their granddaughter with them, Elizabeth Rose b abt 1838 in Exton.

Living next door is a John Royce living with his family...this may be their son John but I am not sure as their were two John Royce’s baptised one in 1810 and one in 1811 to different parent’s.

There are also some of the Rose family members living with them in the 1841 census....do you have access to the census records?

I have been looking for William’s baptism, parents etc and the only one in the right timeframe looks to be in Jan 1776, It looks like the original record may have been unreadable but I’ll put it as it is shown....

Jan 1776, William ?, S/O Richard/? . Exton.

It looks like the Cox and Royce’s in Exton were neighbours to my family the Barrett’s/Barratt’s  ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jadzia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 May 13 05:45 BST (UK) »
I think the above baptism for William is correct & I think I may have found William’s mother’s name.....Elizabeth.

As there are other children baptised in Exton to a Richard & Elizabeth Royce:

17 Jun 1764, Mark Royce, S/O Richard/Elizabeth, Exton.
8 Jun 1766, Edward Royce, S/O Richard/Elizabeth, Exton.

And what I think is the marriage of Richard & Elizabeth:
20 Jan 1763 Richard Royce, OTP, Elizabeth Richardson, OTP, Banns, Exton.

:)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 19 May 13 10:06 BST (UK) »
Morning ;D You have been busy while I slept ;D My profile photo is William and Elizabeth

I have looked through all my other Rutland baptisms and all of the others are too early or seem too late so I think this must be her....unless of course she married when she was quite old....

All the idicators seem to point to the Nth Luffenham Elizabeth, 1851 census, their ages in the census , you said you couldn't find her marrying elsewhere so I think  it has to be her

William & Elizabeth both aged 65 are in 1841 census in Exton, William is a Blacksmith.

My profile photo is William and Elizabeth and he was the blacksmith

They are in the 1851 Exton census both aged 74 William is a Blacksmith master of two men. They have their granddaughter with them, Elizabeth Rose b abt 1838 in Exton.

Elizabeth Rose m John Dalby( another direct line of mine), her parents were Wm and Julia Rose, but that would mean Julia is a Royce ( don't have her maiden name and I don't have a Julia as one of Wm & Elizabeth's children, so need to do some more on that

Living next door is a John Royce living with his family...this may be their son John but I am not sure as their were two John Royce’s baptised one in 1810 and one in 1811 to different parent’s.

Both John's one their son and the other their nephew married Elizabeth's

There are also some of the Rose family members living with them in the 1841 census....do you have access to the census records?
  No unfortunately not and I don't have too much on the Rose's either as you say Elizabeth Rose is written as grand daughter I need to look at that one

I have been looking for William’s baptism, parents etc and the only one in the right timeframe looks to be in Jan 1776, It looks like the original record may have been unreadable but I’ll put it as it is shown....

Wm Bap I have is 8 Dec 1778 in Exton he is written as Rice in the PRs, his parents were Richard and Elizabeth (Richardson )Royce

Jan 1776, William ?, S/O Richard/? . Exton.

It looks like the Cox and Royce’s in Exton were neighbours to my family the Barrett’s/Barratt’s  ;D

Yes I have the Barrett's (and Hibbitt's),  all marrying into my lines, it seems sooner or later all the surnames in Exton are 'related' in some way
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 19 May 13 10:07 BST (UK) »
OOOOOOOOOOO don't know what I did there but it is a pretty pattern ;D
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline jadzia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 May 13 12:17 BST (UK) »
Very pretty pattern  ;D

Wow....to have a photo of them as well is great! I'll have a little look at the Rose family connection if you would like me to?

:)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 19 May 13 13:16 BST (UK) »
That would be great thank you.... I will PM you with details I have re Elizabeth Rose :)