Author Topic: Mary & John TRUBSHAW ........GRUBSHAW  (Read 3309 times)

Offline warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
Re: Mary & John TRUBSHAW ........GRUBSHAW
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 September 15 09:30 BST (UK) »
Trish,
I queried location of burial because amondg had verified the marriage at Great Waltham,but not burial,just wanting to dot i's.
Thanks amondg,one more person finalised.
Eric
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire
Smith, Moger, Maxfield Wiltshire
Woods,Speechley and Coles Huntingdonshire
Gibson,Blanks,Monk,Fokes Essex

Offline hs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 March 17 20:14 GMT (UK) »
We already had found them all a few years back!   ;D   I've had huge job trying to convince people that Sophia was not married when she had 7 illegitimates in the workhouse nor did she marry a William Trubshaw. Nor was her father Charles Bright!
I think i replied to a post to dancing lady 2013 letting her know and who married who but not sure if she's seen it.
Interestingly Charles Grubshaw was convicted as you say for stealing corn, but his accomplice John sorrell wasn't! I thought he may have been a brother to Charlotte?
Sophia Trubshaw  eventually married a John Nokes in Shoreditch in 1869. Interesting to see she was in Islington workhouse couple years before (perhaps another baby!)  :o

amondg I didn't know about the Bethnal Green settlement papers. Thanks.   :)  Wondering about the dates of Mary Trubshaw marriage to William Bright though as familysearch has it as 2 nov 1812 !!

But as for dancing lady's original post...still can't find anymore on Charles's father John, nor Mary's maiden name. At the time i didn't have time to search any further at ERO. Had no film...were the original parchments falling to pieces. Must go back!

Hi Eric,
Yes amondg gave you that info earlier.

"He first married Hannah Gibson 7 December 1827 at Great Waltham, she was buried 25 March 1836 age 30.
Great Waltham Parish Records"

Hi amondg,
You did a great job on this findiing that 2nd Marriage. At least other Trubshaw/Grubshaw descendants will find this info in the future :)

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 16:05 GMT (UK) »
There is a burial of a John TRUBSHOE in 1803 aged 5 months,in GT Dunmow, it says son of Mary TRUBSHOE, no father mentioned. I wonder if this is the mother of Charles, who may have invented a non existent husband.
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 March 17 17:24 GMT (UK) »
oooo could well be that Mary never had a husband called John.....  ???  Maybe made up his name after having an illeg child John? Worth looking into i think  8)

There is a burial of a John TRUBSHOE in 1803 aged 5 months,in GT Dunmow, it says son of Mary TRUBSHOE, no father mentioned. I wonder if this is the mother of Charles, who may have invented a non existent husband.

Offline dancing lady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Just found I had never signed off on this. Than you all so much for the info you shared.