Author Topic: LLwydiarth Esgob...Prichard  (Read 15293 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LLwydiarth Esgob...Prichard
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 June 14 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi again.
 I have some information for Robert and Elizabeth's daughter ....
              Anne Jane Prichard (b1847 in Llandyfrydog.)
         She married William Laird at Llandyfrydog on July 6 1871. He was the son of John Laird of the famous Cammel Laird shipbuilding company of Birkenhead, the foremost shipbuilding company of Great Britain. The 1881 census shows the family at Birkenhead. When John died  his 3 sons took over the business. William was one of those sons.
 William and Anne Jane had 6 Children, all born in Birkenhead. I have their details.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline alanjam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 11:23 GMT (UK) »
When Richard Rowland's first and illigitimate child was baptised at the end of 1827 he gave is address as Llwdiarth Esgob and occupation as solicitor's clerk.   Thus he would seem to be working for Robert Pritchard.  By 1829 Richard had returned to Amlwch, his birthplace, and applied to be an excise officer indicating that he was "bred an attorney's clerk".
Was there a relationship between Richard and Robert other than employer/employee?   Possibly.   Richards mother was Catherine Edwards or Pritchard, daughter of Richard Edwards, farmer of Lechog, Amlwch.  Can anyone shed light on this?
Also is there a nice photo of the farmhouse somewhere?
Alan alanjam senet.com.au

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan.
            Llwydiarth Esgob. Except for a satelite photo it's the only one that I've found.
                    Regards, Peter.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline alanjam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Peter. 
Regards
Alan

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 March 16 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan.
     I realise now that you want a photo of the farm in Amlwch. There are 3 farms called Llechog; Uchaf, Isaf and Pen Llechog, all close to each other in the Burwen Road area. I have photos of Uchaf and Pen Lechog but Isaf is too far away from the road to get a good photo so an aerial photo is all that I can provide. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.
                              Regards, Peter.

Offline alanjam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 March 16 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello  Peter (a real viking?).
Thanks for the offer.  Actually you were right the first time - it was Llwydiarth Esgob I was seeking.  However Richard Edwards, whose children all used the name Pritchard lived at Lechog Uchaf so I would welcome that photo.  Do you have others?
I think you do not descend from Robert Pritchard but relate by marriage to one of his grandchildren.  Is that correct?   Have you investigated Robert Pritchard snr's origins at all?
Regards
Alan   alanjam@senet.com.au
Gawler, South Australia & Crawley, UK.   At home in .au until April.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allan.
             Thanks for your mail.
 Having had another look through records I see that a Richard Rowland, (Born 1802/3 at Amlwch) married Catherine Parry at Amlwch in December, 1830. If this is your Richard then their son, Richard, Born in 1827, would be shown as illegitimate.
  Nothing, other than that he was employed for a time as a clerk at Llwydiarth Esgob, connects him to the Prichard family.
 Owen Rowland, one of the bond holders,(timber merchant), was probably Richard Snr's father and John Prichard, (farmer) of Llechog, some other family friend or relative.
 The illegitimate child could have been the cause of Richard Snr's break with Llwydiarth Esgob but we'll never know for sure.
                    Regards from Peter.

Offline rebesgob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 September 18 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Duke66
Sorry I'm so late responding to your request
Yes I can't see any problems why you can't come over and see where your great grandfather worked and lived before he sadly lost his life during the great war

Offline rebesgob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 September 18 21:44 BST (UK) »

Hi Duke66
Sorry I'm so late responding to your request
Yes I can't see any problems why you can't come over and see where your great grandfather worked and lived before he sadly lost his life during the great war