Author Topic: Whitby Quakers birth  (Read 1569 times)

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A bit of old Blarney castle
    • View Profile
Whitby Quakers birth
« on: Tuesday 13 March 12 14:11 GMT (UK) »

I have a female Dorothy Pennock Elliott born in Whitby and it looks like she was of a Quaker family,

I have 2 date for her from different souces.   23 March 1795  igi and 8 Dec 1795 from another tree I am thinking that

one is the birth and other bp date, her parents were Robert Elliott and Sarah Pennock if I have it right, has any body got

a handle on the Quaker registers for the area, I have never seen a Quaker register so I have no idea what to expect.

regard  mick
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.
Atkinson...N-Yorks.    Irvine... Sothern England
Cook...glouc/shire.    Alderton... Thingoe/Suffolk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hugatree

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whitby Quakers birth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 15:50 GMT (UK) »
I have found non-conformist birth registration for Dorothy Pennock as 8 Dec 1795 Whitby Malton Yorkshire to Robert and Sarah Pennock he a flax dresser, is this her if so the earlier date does not belong  ???

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hugatree

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Just managed to load the original, says Pennock Elliott with father as Robert Elliott, just shows you can't always trust the indexing!

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A bit of old Blarney castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 16:08 GMT (UK) »

Thanks for the reply hugatree, I have her as an Dorothy Pennock Elliott is that as you have seen,the early date could possible be

an earlier child with same name, the parents trying again, or just the igi getting it wrong as they do some times.

Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.
Atkinson...N-Yorks.    Irvine... Sothern England
Cook...glouc/shire.    Alderton... Thingoe/Suffolk