Author Topic: morris  (Read 10510 times)

Offline moggieville

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: morris
« Reply #54 on: Monday 30 April 12 00:09 BST (UK) »
yes they were my great uncles and aunts i never met robert  morris he died in action in italy around 1944 stanley i met once he died in wallasey 1976 he lived in the states have not met any of his children norman had one daughter jackie grace  i did not meet. fredrick was un married and died in 1977  lilly was also un married and died in the ninetys  charlotte had children i met one daughter  at fred s funeral but unsure were they are living

Offline scarisbrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 30 April 12 00:23 BST (UK) »
i never met caroline my grand mother nor granddad i met uncle frank scarisbrick and aunt winne his wife met his dad twin elizabeth who use live in the u.s.a did not met sarah scarisbrick and her husband  i am taxi driver with my own company in scotland it was my brother who got me into this find my past find things out who with who been brought up not know if got cousion at all so it nice to c how far bk u can get
hello chuck how u doing

Offline Daph65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 13 January 17 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I am Grace Johns' daughter in law, married to her son David. I am attempting to trace the Morris line and have been successful back to Robert Howland Morris married to Sarah Taylor. I have tons of questions that you may be able to answer and would love to get in touch. I also have information about Grace Morris and her family after marriage.

If you could get in touch tat would be great!
Hoping to hear from you!

Offline Daph65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 19 March 17 01:01 GMT (UK) »
HI. I am coming into this discussion late, but am related (by marriage to Robert Henry Morris) Maybe I can shed some light.

He married Sarah Annie Hughes and had a slew of children, one being my mother in law. I also do not know why Robert Henry is on the 1901 Census listed as married for 6 years. I know he married twice Sarah Annie Hughes is his second wife. The first one died. I think her name was Martha Chapman, but they got married in 1903 (no kids). Strange he was listed as married, but I have it from authority that they put anything on the Censuses in those days and they have to be taken with a grain of salt. He married Sarah Annie Hughes in 1906 (Aug 22).   

Offline moggieville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 14 August 21 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi all if you are still doing family research  i have more information on the morris family  sorry  i have not been back intouch  the photo attached is my grandad frank morris who married  Margaret  mcwilliam  and also my dad frank mrris

Offline moggieville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 14 August 21 03:14 BST (UK) »
See photo  of robert  h morris  and family

Offline Daph65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 14 August 21 10:58 BST (UK) »
Is your grandmother Olive? I have Robert Howland: son Frank died in 1917. Son Robert Henry married Sarah Annie and had Frank married to Olive Moore. That is where my tree ends. If so would like to add your branch. thanks. My husband is son of Grace Morris who was Robert Henry’s youngest daughter

Offline moggieville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 14 August 21 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi frank morris my dad married olive moore ,  the frank morris that died in 1917 is robert henry morris  brother   there dad is robert howland morris   he  was born in new york in 1883 and died in wallasey  1933  i have attached some more photos

Offline moggieville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 14 August 21 12:48 BST (UK) »
The first photo is of sarah robert henry morris wife with her son robert henry who was killed in cassino  in 1944 , tha second  and third picture  are graves in rake lane cemetery  wallasey