Author Topic: Denehy, Thomas, Daniel  (Read 2942 times)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denehy, Thomas, Daniel
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 31 March 12 18:15 BST (UK) »
If you haven't done so yet, you might want to look for an obituary for Daniel.  Sometimes they will mention a place in Ireland where the person is from or if there were any surviving siblings.   It's not clear from their website if they do obituary look-ups, but you might want to try contacting the Youngstown library:  http://www.libraryvisit.org/genealogy.aspx

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 March 12 18:17 BST (UK) »

Offline timothydenehy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 April 12 15:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help.

Offline timothydenehy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 April 12 15:21 BST (UK) »
shellyesq Neal is in my family I think a lot of his work was guesswork.

Offline cjohnstone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 December 15 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Skipgirl,
You seem to know what you are doing. i on the other hand are having great trouble tracking my family tree. i'm hoping you can help me.
I'm not sure if my Denahy/Dennehy's are connected to these but I'm hoping you/someone can help my find the missing connection. The name seems to have been Denahy in Ireland but changed to Dennehy in Australia.
My GG grandfather was;
John William Denahy/Dennehy b.1838? in Churchtown? Parish, Cork (died 14/12/1916 in Melbourne); married Deborah Mary Haly/Healy b.7/5/1838 (died 5/12/1921 in Richmond Melbourne). Married 15/12/1858 in Milford, Freemont, Ireland. They immigrated to Australia in 1862. Their son Cornelius John b.31 oct 1858 in Church of Assumption, Mallow, immigrated to Australia at about 22yrs old. He was left with the Haly/Healy family.
John William's Death certificate has his mother as 'unknown Singleton'
The only Denahy/Singleton I could find is;
Cornelius Denahy/Dennehy b. 1810? In Mallow? Died 1862? In Kanturk? Married Catherine/Catharine Singleton  b. 1816?
They married 22/6/1834 in Churchtown Parish, Cork.
I have found a Catherine Denahy living in Ballybahallagh in 1853 Griffiths rego but no mention of Cornelius
Cornelius and Cath Singletons daughter Catherine bap 18 june 1835 in Liscaroll cert says they lived in Ballybahallagh, so possibly the same people. They also had a child Ellen bap.10 sept 1843 in Milford. I could not find any other children listed for them.
Hoping you can help me find the parents/siblings of John William, or find proof that Cornelius and Catherine are his parents.
Could you suggest what I should do next as I have exhausted the subscriptions I have I think and have searched all the records at the NLI. Also put posts on various sites without success.
i am very bad at tracking back through these posts. if possible please email me, (*)
Many thanks
Cherie   

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.