Author Topic: MacLean, Achmore, Lochbroom  (Read 2021 times)

Offline MacduffD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MacLean, Achmore, Lochbroom
« on: Sunday 18 March 12 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able point me in the right direction.  I descend from one Kenneth MacLean, a crofter from Achmore, Lochbroom (on the Scoraig peninsula).  He was married to Isabella MacKenzie, about whom I know nothing.  I believe Kenneth is the chap noted in the 1841 census aged 75.  He had a son, Donald (c.1806-1881), who was also a crofter.  He was married to Mary MacDonald (1822-1891), daughter of Colin MacDonald and Catherine Macrae.  I have a good deal of information about Donald and Mary's family, but would be interested to find out if anyone has any information about earlier generations or about any siblings of Donald or Mary. 

I have one other problem.  Their son, Colin MacLean (b. 1841), was a sailor in commercial service.  I know that he died at sea, sometime between 1890 and 1895 (I think in 1892) but cannot find his death entry in the Scottish, English or marine registers.  Any ideas?  As I say, I have fairly complete information on the family from Donald and Mary down, if that would be of interest to anyone.

Thanks,

Robert