Author Topic: Try again  (Read 976 times)

Offline markn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Try again
« on: Monday 19 March 12 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Well I thought I would try again. I am trying to find the parents of a William R Hamilton born 30 Nov 1831, he died 3rd April 1892.

I have searched without success. Although I know this information, it does not allow me to find out the parents name.

He died in the county of Bruce, Ontario and born in Brampton.

From the research I have done, along with help from the good people on here. He was a wagon Maker

Thanks again

Mark

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Try again
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 March 12 01:46 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,468982.msg3293053.html#msg3293053
Link to previous enquiry so people can see what information you have and don't duplicate.
It's always easier to revive a thread rather than starting a new one.  For people looking for information for you it's more user friendly to have everything on one thread rather than multiples.

Debbie

Offline markn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 12 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Ok thankyou for this. I didnt know how to do this. mark

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 12 03:05 GMT (UK) »
In the previous thread (reply #15) JJ gave the date of death of Jane Hamilton b. 1800 Armagh Ireland as August 29, 1871.

Jane had appeared on the 1871 census with John Hamilton 41, wife Mary 35, Jane 72 b. Ire., Catherine 25 b. Ire, and children
Jane Ann 14, james 12, John 10, Hannah 8, Sarah 5, Mary 3.

The death entry on ancestry has a user submitted notation suggesting that this 1871 death was related to Jane Stinson b. 1799 Armagh, Ireland.

Debbie

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 18:30 GMT (UK) »
A second death record for Jane indicates that her husband was a farmer. Perhaps there may be land records available that might provide a clue. Not having a name certainly makes things difficult but if, for example, you were able to find records for 4 Hamiltons and 3 of them were traceable to the 1851 census you might suspect the 4th could be your man.

You know their religion was Presbyterian and there may be surviving parish records available that are not on line.

There may be literature that mentions early settlers in the area.

Here is a link to the Halton-Peel branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society. They may be able to provide you with info about any of the above or other helpful hints, although there may be a charge ....

http://www.halinet.on.ca/sigs/ogshp/

You could also try googling for the location of parish records and accessibility to same.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline markn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou so much for this. Mark

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 March 12 17:07 GMT (UK) »
You are very welcome  :).
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada