Author Topic: UNSWORTH AND CLEWS FAMILIES  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Carol8181

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: UNSWORTH AND CLEWS FAMILIES
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 21:27 GMT (UK) »
It looks like Joyce Clews had 4 sons in the Blackpool area. I will send you a message with the details.
Heather
Hi I'm searching for information on Harry Clews and Kate Unsworth' family.  Kate was my Dad's first cousin, I think, and married Harry 1930 in Manchester North.  This is the only marriage for Kate Unsworth (born 1907 hi in Manchester), anywhere in England during a 70 year period, so I think this must be her.

I know Kate Unsworth born 1908  manchester and was a child of George Howley Unsworth born Reddish Stockport and Martha Smith born Gorton.
George and Martha's other children were Annie born Manchester 1907, John born 1911 Manchester, and Arthur born 1913 Manchester.   

Hi sending some information for you I知 Joyce daughter carol my mums brother is my uncurl sam  Samuel my mum was always called Dorothy dot for short as she never liked Joyce so she was always called by her second name my mum and her brother came over to Shropshire when they were around age 7 or8 as thy were avacues from Manchester I知 the youngest of 4 I知 carol if you would like envy more information just message me menu thanks carol.
As far as I'm aware Kate and Harry Clews had only 2 children; Joyce born 1931 and Samuel born 1932 both in Manchester North.

I have found  burials in Manchester for Kate Clews parents George and Martha Unsworth so the family still in Manchester at this time. George Howley Unsworth buried 31/12/1947 age 59 and Martha buried 10/10/1936.

Does anyone have any information on the Clews family or Kate's siblings Annie, John and Arthur Unsworth please?  I think Annie and Arthur died young but not sure.  Possible marriage for John Unsworth could have been to Ann Dolan in Manchester 1934 having children Gladys, Maureen and Beryl.
Many thanks
Catherine

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Carol. Welcome to RootsChat. Condolences on your loss.
I've just looked at thistlebay's profile. Her last posting on RootsChat was 2016.
Make 1 more post on this board  ( replying to me saying "OK" will suffice). That should bring you up to the right number of posts to allow you to use the private message facility. New members have to post 3 times before they can activate it. To send a private message to thistlebay either click on the little icon below information about the post's author or click on her user name. Doing the latter takes you to her profile page which also has a private message option.
Cowban

Offline Carol8181

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 21:59 GMT (UK) »
It looks like Joyce Clews had 4 sons in the Blackpool area. I will send you a message with the details.
Heather
Hi I'm searching for information on Harry Clews and Kate Unsworth' family.  Kate was my Dad's first cousin, I think, and married Harry 1930 in Manchester North.  This is the only marriage for Kate Unsworth (born 1907 hi in Manchester), anywhere in England during a 70 year period, so I think this must be her.

I know Kate Unsworth born 1908  manchester and was a child of George Howley Unsworth born Reddish Stockport and Martha Smith born Gorton.
George and Martha's other children were Annie born Manchester 1907, John born 1911 Manchester, and Arthur born 1913 Manchester.   

Hi sending some information for you I知 Joyce daughter carol my mums brother is my uncurl sam  Samuel my mum was always called Dorothy dot for short as she never liked Joyce so she was always called by her second name my mum and her brother came over to Shropshire when they were around age 7 or8 as thy were avacues from Manchester I知 the youngest of 4 I知 carol if you would like envy more information just message me menu thanks carol.
As far as I'm aware Kate and Harry Clews had only 2 children; Joyce born 1931 and Samuel born 1932 both in Manchester North.

I have found  burials in Manchester for Kate Clews parents George and Martha Unsworth so the family still in Manchester at this time. George Howley Unsworth buried 31/12/1947 age 59 and Martha buried 10/10/1936.

Does anyone have any information on the Clews family or Kate's siblings Annie, John and Arthur Unsworth please?  I think Annie and Arthur died young but not sure.  Possible marriage for John Unsworth could have been to Ann Dolan in Manchester 1934 having children Gladys, Maureen and Beryl.
Many thanks
Catherine
hi Catherine you are after some information of Sam clews and Joyce Joyce is my mum she as always been called by her second name which is Dorothy dot for short as she never liked Joyce I知 carol the youngest of 4 my mum past away on the 14 November 2017 her funeral is Tuesday 9 January she was 86 my mum and uncurl were evacuees from Manchester that weren稚 very old when that came over on train 7 or 8 years old at tha time  I now my mum had a step sister , but not too sure weather she痴 still around .

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 January 18 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Carol, you should be able to use the private message facility now.
We aren't allowed to put details of people who may still be alive on the public boards or post our email addresses on it, so the private message system is the way we communicate those 2 types of information to each other.
Cowban

Offline Carol8181

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 January 18 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Carol, you should be able to use the private message facility now.
We aren't allowed to put details of people who may still be alive on the public boards or post our email addresses on it, so the private message system is the way we communicate those 2 types of information to each other.
Hi I'm searching for information on Harry Clews and Kate Unsworth' family.  Kate was my Dad's first cousin, I think, and married Harry 1930 in Manchester North.  This is the only marriage for Kate Unsworth (born 1907 in Manchester), anywhere in England during a 70 year period, so I think this must be her.

Many thanks
Catherine
I may be able to help you with some information about Sam Clewes and his sister Joyce which is my mum every one called her Dorothy dot for short as she never liked her first name so every body called her by her second name ,I知 carol the youngest daughter of 4 my mum past away on the 14 November this year 2017 her funeral is on the 9 jan 2018 mum was 86 .
Hi I'm searching for information on Harry Clews and Kate Unsworth' family.  Kate was my Dad's first cousin, I think, and married Harry 1930 in Manchester North.  This is the only marriage for Kate Unsworth (born 1907 in Manchester), anywhere in England during a 70 year period, so I think this must be her.

Many thanks
Catherine
.        Hi Catherine I hope I can help you with some information about Joyce and her brother Samuel clews ; Joyce is my mum I知 carol the youngest of 4 every one called my mum Dorothy dot for short as she never liked Joyce thay were only around 7 or 8 when thay came over from Manchester thay were evacuees . My mum as a step sister as well her name was Hilda Harry痴 daughter as he remarried not to sure weather she is still alive ,I lost my mum on the 14 November 2017 her funeral is Tuesday 9 August at 2 o団lock. Just let me now if you would like more information many thanks carol .

Offline Carol8181

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 January 18 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Heather

Many thanks
Catherine
hi Catherine you are after some information of Sam clews and Joyce Joyce is my mum she as always been called by her second name which is Dorothy dot for short as she never liked Joyce I知 carol the youngest of 4 my mum past away on the 14 November 2017 her funeral is Tuesday 9 January she was 86 my mum and uncurl were evacuees from Manchester that weren稚 very old when that came over on train 7 or 8 years old at tha time  I now my mum had a step sister , but not too sure weather she痴 still around .

Offline Carol8181

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 January 18 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine hope I can help with some information for you I知 Joyce daughter carol youngest of 4 , my mam was always called Dorothy dot for short every one always called mumby her second name as she never liked Joyce her brother was my uncull sam hope you get this as I can tell you a lot more information if you need it  carol .

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 12 January 18 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Carol have you tried the private message facility? Click on the little green symbol under the name of the person you want to contact.
Thistledown hadn't posted in the forum for about a year so may not be looking in and won't see the posts you have done in the past couple of weeks.
If you don't get a reply to a private message then come back to this thread and say so and we could ask a moderator what to do. Thistledown may have changed her email address or have turned off alerts from RootsChat and may not know that someone is trying to contact her.
BTW there's no need to quote previous posts every time.
Cowban

Offline Carol8181

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 15 March 18 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi have sent message to Catherine but had no reply of unsworth and clews family  would you be able to help many thanks carol .