Author Topic: 1916  (Read 15914 times)

Offline SLEECH1985

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1916
« Reply #27 on: Friday 12 June 15 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Collech,

Yes that's the man I am talking about (Died 1973). His Son William (My Grand Father) was one of the Last to work on the barges.

SLEECH

Offline collech

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 12 June 15 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi SLEECH1985
                 I saw the interview William did about the Canal online, but i never got to meet him.
He must have had some stories about the canal. Are your family related to the Mary that married
John Nicholson and lived in England ? My Aunts keep asking about her. I have made contact with descendants of three different siblings of James (b.1804) from around the world four counting yourself. You say your father has researched the family, how far back and forward has he gone. Also would he have any photo's he could share ? It's great having names but better with face's.
                                                                 Colm       

Offline SLEECH1985

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 June 15 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Colm,

I wasn't aware that video was online, He certainly had many a story to tell and would share with anyone that would listen.

My own Knowledge of the family tree stretches back to James (d. 1843) but just on our own lineage.

I think the families knowledge on those that went to England is minimal. My father has more details going back beyond James and I think he has details of all the siblings.
I will speaking with him at the weekend at gather what I can. I know there are some Photos floating about too.
Do you have birthdate/deceased date of the Mary leech you are Speaking of.

Sean

Offline collech

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 12 June 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi SLEECH1985
                      Mary was born about 1900 as she was about 37 when she married in London in 1937.Just checking i Gerald was her father. I will try and find that interview for you.
                                        Colm