Author Topic: Couser in Armagh  (Read 11791 times)

Offline Robyn Simpson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Couser in Armagh
« on: Tuesday 17 May 05 02:52 BST (UK) »

I am deperately trying to find information on the family of Couser in Cavanacaw, Lisnadill, Armagh

James Couser born abt 1802 died 24 Feb 1882 in Cavanacw, Lisnadill, Armagh.  He was married to  Sarah Boyd born abt 1810 died 17 August 1883 at Langs Row, Armagh, Armagh.

The children I have found are

1.   Thomas (my great.great.grandfather) born about 1845 .  Married Margaret Dodde in Durham England  15 Dec 1867.  They Had two children James born about 1870 and a girl who was deceased by 1876.  I believe that the children may have been born in Armagh and that Margaret may have died there. On 24 Sep 1871 Thomas  was a widow when he married  Mary Jane Blackbird in Durham.  In 1876 Thomas, Mary & James came to Australia Thomas died in Australia 3 July 1922

2. John James Couser. Don't know when he was born.  On 25 November 1869 in All Saints , Donegal he married Ann Jane Allison.

3.  Anna Maria Couser christened in 1852 in 2nd Armagh Presbyterian Church Armagh. In 1873 married Samuel Warnock

4.  John Couser born abt 1853.  Came to Australia in 1877.  Died 14 january in Brisbnae, Queensland Australia.

There may have been more children but this is all the info that I have been able to find so far

Thanks
Robyn Simpson

Offline meggsy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Couser in Armagh
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 April 06 03:15 BST (UK) »
My FRAZER family from Armagh & Down have used Couser and Boyd as second names- William Couser FRAZER b1872 Armagh died in Australia; Dorcas Boyd FRAZER b1881 Armagh, died in the US. Both children of Henry FRAZER MD and Martha COLE of the Seven Houses, Armagh. There was a COUSER (grocer) in Armagh at the time. I don't know if there is a connection with your COUSERS.
Frazer, Frazier, McAlpine, Cole, McCaw, Mallagh, Carleton, Sinton, Torrance,Torrens

Offline wwhit

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 April 06 00:17 BST (UK) »
Meggsy-
My Frazer family also from Armagh. I have an Alexander Frazer b. 1844 m Margaret Boyd b. 1851 both in Newtonhamilton. His father John b. 1822 in Newtonhamilton also.
Do you have data on Dr. Henry's siblings and parents? I have some data on Dorcas after she arrived in the US if you wish.
Walt
KERNAGHAN-Armagh
FRAZER-Armagh

Offline meggsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 April 06 02:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Walt, we've corresponded before- you generously helped me with US census info re: Dorcas, and I was able to connect you with your Australian relatives. I will email you direct, soon!

Thanks,

Bruce Frazer
Frazer, Frazier, McAlpine, Cole, McCaw, Mallagh, Carleton, Sinton, Torrance,Torrens

Offline Kay Danes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 September 13 09:24 BST (UK) »
James Couser born abt 1802 died 24 Feb 1882 in Cavanacw, Lisnadill, Armagh.  He was married to  Sarah Boyd born abt 1810 died 17 August 1883 at Langs Row, Armagh, Armagh.

My great great grandfather is Thomas Couser. One of his daughter's Charlotte Couser is my great grandmother who married Arthur Doyle. They had my granny Evelyn Doyle. Any information is welcome as I am going to Armagh in October 2013

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 September 13 10:23 BST (UK) »
What sort of information are you looking for?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kay Danes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 September 13 10:33 BST (UK) »
Any stories of the Cousers in Armagh, gravesites I could visit.... .

Offline LRussell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi there,  I think I can help with the Cousers from Armagh. My great, great grandmother was Anne Jane Allison married to John James Couser in Burt Parish Church co Donegal.

They moved to Rostrevor and on of their daughters Anne Jane was my great grandmother and she moved to Scotland in 1904 when my grandmother Anne Jane McMahon was 6 years old.

Annie Jane and John Couser had several children including Sarah Mary, Elizabeth,Catherine, Anne Jane (my great grandmother), Emily and James et al.

I think Elizabeth and Catherine emigrated to Canada and my great grandmother and Sarah Mary both moved to Coatbridge, Scotland in the very early 1900's.  I remember my father taking my grandmother back to Rostrevor to visit Emily (married name Heaton).

My great, great grandmother was Annie Jane Couser (nee Allison).  Married in Burt Parish, Co Donegal to John James Couser they then moved to Rostrevor. Co Armagh.  Children included Sarah Mary, Anne Jane, (my great grandmother), Elizabeth, Catherine (moved to Canada and became Martin) Emily, James et al.

My great grandmother moved to Coatbridge, Scotland around 1904 with 3 children - Frank, Jim and Anne Jane (my grandmother born 1898)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:54 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :) but Robyn started this thread in 2005 and hasn't been online since 2007.

Ann Jane Couser (widow) in 1901 born Co. Donegal-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Down/Rosstrevor/Water_Street/1237319
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!