Author Topic: SLADE family tree  (Read 14064 times)

Offline mongoose2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SLADE FAMILY TREE
« Reply #36 on: Friday 06 September 13 21:56 BST (UK) »
good find. city ark do have marriages and as it was Navy I suspect it was garrison church Brompton or St Mary, chatham can you confirm 1793?
Barry
James, Farr in Cornwall and all the others on my website

Offline mallorybee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 06 September 13 22:06 BST (UK) »
William and Nancy's children are on the City Ark website for Gillingham, St. Mary Magdalene CMB 1558-1967 (P153). Note all boys, and two sets of twins.

William Henry Hulme
1794 – 1794
John Hulme (my ancestor)
1796 – 1861
William Hulme
1796 –
Samuel Hulme
1797 –
Thomas Tonken Hulme
1797 –
Henry Preedy Hulme
1799 –

William died 30 Apr 1799 before his last son was born.

I have a copy of William's will.

Offline Grga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 20 May 16 22:56 BST (UK) »
Their son Sidney Herbert born circa 1855 in Kent was my great great grandfather, Sidney immigrated to Australia (where I live) and married twice, his son Walter Edgar from his first marriage being my great grandfather. I don't know if I am on the right track as some of the dates I have don't seem to match. Walter's daughter was my grandmother Ida Caroline Victoria Slade, she died in 1986 in South Australia.

I had gotten Walter Edgar's information as part of a GEDCOM from a cousin while researching the family tree of Sir John Slade, First Baronet Slade. Walter's profile is on Wikitree.

Greg
Carmichael, French, Goodes, McMillan, Slade, Waddell, Welch, West

Offline Grga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 21 May 16 00:37 BST (UK) »
I should also note that Sidney's brother Walter Slade was Chairman of the Melbourne Stock Exchange in the 1890s.

Greg

Offline radrian8888

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 21 May 16 02:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Greg
Thanks for the information.  I have over the past couple of years researched the Slade family and been to Victoria to Yarram and Welshpool where Sidney and Isabella Slade lived.  Also have a copy of Ida Caroline Victoria Slade (my grandmother) birth certificate which has helped me alot with what some family members have told me.
Regards
Ros

Offline Grga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 21 May 16 23:41 BST (UK) »
I got so caught up in all the details that people have dug up in this thread (and let me say right here and now that you people are amazing) that I completely forgot, for a couple of days, that the reason I tripped over this thread in the first place was that I ran a search on Adolphus Frederick Slade, looking to see if I could find a picture of him. Have any of you come across one in your research? (Or, for that matter, a picture of anybody in his family tree?)

Greg