Author Topic: Completed Cemetery Brandon Manitoba  (Read 2293 times)

Offline maroldme

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed Cemetery Brandon Manitoba
« on: Wednesday 28 March 12 00:34 BST (UK) »
Can someone find info regarding Mr. Edward Poole buried in the Brandon Cemetery. He is one of my
ancestors. He is listed in the 1916 census Canada. After that nothing. He did not die in Brandon Manitoba. His birth date is
correct 1844 in Upavon Wiltshire to Luke and Jane Poole. Does anyone have ANY info regarding this gentleman.
I have exhausted my search...Marie

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery Brandon Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 March 12 01:28 BST (UK) »
The only Edward Poole that comes up on the Brandon Cemetery Index is one born in 1883 in Wilshire with a date of death of 1956/01/01 and place of death Brandon.

Debbie

Offline maroldme

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 March 12 01:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie: I have no other info. regarding him. The library has lost the microfilm for 1956 the year he died.
In the 1891 he was living at home in Upavon Wiltshire. In 1916 he was working for a farmer in the
Marquette Manitoba area. Other than this I can not fill the gaps. I have no idea why he is buried in the
Brandon Cemetery.  Some gaps I would like to fill is where was he  in England after 1891.
Also did he marry in England or Canada?? Any help will be greatly appreciated...Marie

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 March 12 02:38 BST (UK) »
1891 English census for Upavon Wiltshire
Luke and Jane Poole with children Thomas, Samuel, Edwin, Frederic, Mary, Sarah, William
1901 English census for Upavon Wiltshire
Luke and Jane Poole with children Thomas, Edward (17), and William. 
Frederick is working in Beauworth Hampshire area for the 1901 census

1906 Canadian census for prairie provinces
Marquette Manitoba Edward Poole 23, Fred Poole 20, working for Walter and George Graham.  Immigration year looks like 1900
1911 Canadian census Marquette, Manitoba
Edward Poole still working for the Grahams and immigration year is 1903 with birth of Mar 1884
1916 Canadian census Marquette, Manitoba Edward Poole is 33, b. Eng. Immigration year 1904, labourer on a farm.

Edwd Poole, 19 arrived 30 Oct 1903 Liverpool to Montreal on the Ionian.  Originally from Wiltshire.
There is a record for a Fred Poole, 20 from Wiltshire, arriving 5 Jun 1905 on the Sardinian.  Shown as a returned Canadian and going to British Columbia.  Perhaps your Fred.

There is another Edward Poole, born around the same year but birth place is Manitoba and he married Alma Caroline McCracken in 1915 at Rosedale.

Debbie

Offline maroldme

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 March 12 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you Debbie for your info.  I think my grandpa came to Canada in 1900 so this should be another Frederick but I will look into this it  because you have sent me the information.  The other Edward is not related as they are the Neepawa
Poole's..unless I can find a connection. I guess Edward will be a mystery as I do not have any information for
him after the 1916 census of Canada. I will have to wait until 2016 before the new census comes out in Canada.
I guess I will post a post and hope someone will have a connection to him. Thanks so much again... Marie
My grandfather's name was frederic George Poole...in Canada his first name was spelled Frederick.