Author Topic: Re:A2A Database  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re:A2A Database
« on: Tuesday 11 May 04 22:17 BST (UK) »
The most helpful thing I was told about for A2A was to search using the "nearx" protocol.

An example being:-

The search term Michael near1 Young will find all occurances of the name Michael within 1 word distance of the word Young.  Therefore you'll get names Young, Michael and Michael Young which saves time and cuts the hits down to the useful ones.  

A great site.

Cheers,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:A2A Database
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 May 04 22:31 BST (UK) »
Boongie Pam,

That is an invaluable tip,  thank for passing it on.  It could save loads of time in searches.

You could also expand it I suppose if you are unsure of the middle name.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.