Author Topic: Chute Family  (Read 10473 times)

Offline Em83

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chute Family
« on: Thursday 29 March 12 06:20 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone could help me with trying to track down some information about the Chute Family from Ballymacelligott in Ireland.

I know Chute was a common last name in County Kerry but I seem to be able find every other Chute recorded except for my relatives. :)

My 4th Great Grandfather was James Chute who was born in 1802 in Ireland, Ballymacelligott, and emigrated to Australia.

He married Honora/Hanora Quill/Quille on the 22 July 1821 in Tralee and they had five children that I know about.
James Chute 1828 - 1889
Maria Chute 1830 - 1913
Richard Chute 1832 - 1907
Francis Chute 1836 - 1905
George Chute 1840 - 1897

He arrived in Australia Jan 1862 on the Morning Light along with at least 3 of his children. I know his son, Francis Chute, did not emigrate to Australia until the 1880s.

I can not find any records of Honora emigrating with him so I have assumed she passed away prior to them leaving although I can not find any record of the her death.

James Chute (B:1802) passed away on the 24th May 1882 in Melbourne.

According to the information I have located I believe his parents are James Chute and Evis Mason but that is it.

I can not find any records of marriage, births or other children for James Chute Senior and Evis Mason. I have searched the http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/ website as well as www.rootsireland.ie/ to no avail.

If anyone could shed further light on the family or could point me in a direction as to where I can find more information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Em

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Chute Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 March 12 12:17 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlker/index.htm

is Ballymacelligott the townland or the parish?

James Chute on griffiths valuation at town land Ballyaukeen parish of Ballymacelligott

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 March 12 12:35 BST (UK) »
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie

this site is worth a visit.

Hanora Quile married James Chute 22.7.1821

Offline tina morana

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 March 12 12:42 BST (UK) »
If he married in 1821, the birth years for the kiddies could not have been born to him and Honora

Tinam
Cornthwaite, Morana, Pearce, Gaffney, Hazlehurst, Milburn
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
or  "All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline GAJM1

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 March 12 12:47 BST (UK) »
Cant find any Evis Mason but plenty Avis Mason especially in the Mason family living around Ballymacelligott.

Offline GAJM1

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 March 12 12:48 BST (UK) »
If he married in 1821, the birth years for the kiddies could not have been born to him and Honora

Tinam

Why Tinam?

Offline Em83

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 March 12 23:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rathmore -  I am not sure. When I had a look at the marriage record on http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie it simply said his address was Ballymacelligott. There is no other indication of whether this was the parish or townland.

I will look further into the Griffiths Valuations. If the property is a farm it may be him as his occupation on one of his son's - Francis Chute, death certificate stated he was a farmer.

I am hoping when I can finally get a copy of James's death certificate I will have more details unfortunately the Victorian BDM Website search facilities have been out of action for a couple of days now.

Tinam - Francis Chute (B: 1836) is my 3rd Great Grandfather and I have seen a transcript of his death certificate which states his parents were James Chute & Honora Quill.

Thanks Castlemcauliffe - That definitely helps. I thought there may be different spelling of the name but unfortunately I was unsure of what it could have been as I have never heard the name Evis.

Offline tuts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 April 12 06:02 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone could help me with trying to track down some information about the Chute Family from Ballymacelligott in Ireland.

I know Chute was a common last name in County Kerry but I seem to be able find every other Chute recorded except for my relatives. :)

My 4th Great Grandfather was James Chute who was born in 1802 in Ireland, Ballymacelligott, and emigrated to Australia.

He married Honora/Hanora Quill/Quille on the 22 July 1821 in Tralee and they had five children that I know about.
James Chute 1828 - 1889
Maria Chute 1830 - 1913
George Chute 1840 - 1897

He arrived in Australia Jan 1862 on the Morning Light along with at least 3 of his children. I know his son, Francis Chute, did not emigrate to Australia until the 1880s.

I can not find any records of Honora emigrating with him so I have assumed she passed away prior to them leaving although I can not find any record of the her death.

According to the information I have located I believe his parents are James Chute and Evis Mason but that is it.

I can not find any records of marriage, births or other children for James Chute Senior and Evis Mason. I have searched the http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/ website as well as www.rootsireland.ie/ to no avail.

If anyone could shed further light on the family or could point me in a direction as to where I can find more information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Em

James Chute 1828 - 1889
Maria Chute 1830 - 1913
George Chute 1840 - 1897

Thanks
Em

Offline tuts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 April 12 06:20 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of James Chute's death certificate.  He died in Melbourne 24th May 1882, he was married to Hanora Quill.  His parents are listed as James Chute and Evis, formerly Mason.
James and Hanora were my great great grandparents.  Their son Thomas, was my great granfather, and he moved from Australia to New Zealand.
On the death certificate the children of James and Hanora are listed as Evis 58, James 56, Richard 54, Thomas 52, a name starting with M I cant read 50, Francis 48, Hanora 46, John dead, and George 42

James and Hanora were married 22 july 1821 Churh of Ireland, Ballymacelligott