Author Topic: Chute Family  (Read 10475 times)

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chute Family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 21:34 BST (UK) »
Chute deaths;

4/7/1837; Catherien Chute; (84)Nelson st Tralee
(died at the house of her brother)
-----
19/1/1838; Mrs Hannah Chute; Tralee
(wife of late Mr Francis Chute, Blenner Ville)
-----
20/10/1838; Mrs Elizabeth Chute; Nelson st Tralee
(wife of late Richard Chute of Chute Hall Kerry)
-----
17/9/1839; Rev. Francis A Chute; (40) Tralee
(died at the house of his father Arthur Chute)
-----
29/7/1841; Mrs Richard Chute; Foxborough Tralee
---
1851; Captain Rowland Chute; Leebrook near Tralee
(formerly of 58th Regm)
--
10/3/1851; Elizabeth Chute; (68) Prince Quay Tralee
(wife of Caleb Chute Esq)
---
1835; Mary Chute;
(relict of Thomas)
--
1836; Margaret Chute; Tralee
(wife of Preece Chute, late Provost of the Corporation)
========
Jack

Offline Maureen O'Sullivan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hello
This may relate to your wider family.

A Francis A Chute  is mentioned in the Griffith's Land Rents  of 1852 as occupying a house near Cahirciveen at Kilkeaveragh.  The house was called Seamount and also known as Kilkeaveragh House and there is also mention of a constabulary and barracks at site.    The house was previously inhabited by a Rev Ashe and subsequently inhabited by my great grandfather Charles O'Connell in 1860's. 

I also note that a Rev Francis Chute is mentioned as an official authority at web link http://www.from-ireland.net/official-authorities-1834-kerry/

Good luck

Offline EJAF

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 July 14 15:04 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of James Chute's death certificate.  He died in Melbourne 24th May 1882, he was married to Hanora Quill.  His parents are listed as James Chute and Evis, formerly Mason.
James and Hanora were my great great grandparents.  Their son Thomas, was my great granfather, and he moved from Australia to New Zealand.
On the death certificate the children of James and Hanora are listed as Evis 58, James 56, Richard 54, Thomas 52, a name starting with M I cant read 50, Francis 48, Hanora 46, John dead, and George 42

James and Hanora were married 22 july 1821 Churh of Ireland, Ballymacelligott

Hi I have in my possession the last will and testament of Elizabeth Chute Mason (Spinster) Written on 27th Feb 1886 She mentions her brother Richard Chute Mason, Nephew James William Raymond, Cousin Mrs Letitia Crosbie, Son of first cousin Robert Blennerhassett,  The will Was also signed Elizabeth Chute, Also in my posession are 2 letters one written to Richard C Mason 1883 with stamped envelope with letter head Albert exhibition Palace ltd,Palace Chambers, Bridge street , Westminister, London SW.mentioning shares  £18,000.  If you have an interest please let me know