Author Topic: Willliam & Esther Coot Wilson Family, County Cavan, Ireland  (Read 3457 times)

Offline YVILLE PAT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Willliam & Esther Coot Wilson Family, County Cavan, Ireland
« on: Thursday 29 March 12 18:48 BST (UK) »
I am the great granddaughter of Joseph C. Wilson, son of William & Esther Wilson. I have pictures of the siblings, as well as a portrait of William & Esther.
I need more information. I'm in contact with other members of the family and have done an extensive family tree on Ancestry.com. Charles Robert and Joseph C. were pioneers in the automotive industry in Detroit. They owned the largest carriage manufacturing company in the area, employing 65 men -
among them Henry Ford (briefly) and the Fisher brothers. Their sk;ills led to C.R. founding a body company and J.C. founding Wilson Truck. It was a close family that used to take their vacations together. Any help would be appreciated.
Pat

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Willliam & Esther Coot Wilson Family, County Cavan, Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 March 12 20:45 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat but it would help if you could explain exactly what sort of information you are looking for about the Wilson family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline YVILLE PAT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 March 12 23:05 BST (UK) »
There were apparently 12 children, 7 boys and 5 girls, born to William & Esther. I can account for 7 of them, but can't find any records to confirm Sarah
(married to Henry Winfield) or Essie (Esther) - possibly married to a Haines?
I have pictures of them, but that's all.
Pat

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 March 12 23:15 BST (UK) »
What are the details for the 7 children you've already found? any dates for parents?

Offline YVILLE PAT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 March 12 23:44 BST (UK) »
Esther Coot/Coote Wilson's Canadian death certificate states she died on April 12, 1886 and was 80 years old. Estimated birth date would be 1806.
There is a possiblity she might be descended from one of the six natural children fathered by Sir Charles Coote. Does anyone have a list of those children and their descendants? The children listed on one of your posts are:Anne Jane, Matilda, John, Mary, William, Mathew, David, Thomas, Henry,
Charles, Joseph Sarah and Essy (Esther). John is John William born in 1837, County Cavan, Ireland. He is buried next to his parents in the Belleville Cemetery. Mary, according to the Canadian census records for 1871 and 1881, was born in Ireland. Estimated date of birth is 1841. Mathew's death certifcate from Michigan states he was born in Ireland October 1, 1830 and died in Belknap, Presque Isle, Michigan on August 29, 1911. Thomas could be Thomas Henry, born in Canada in 1842. He is listed in the Detroit Directory of 1899 as employed by the C.R. & J.C. Wilson Carriage Co. Charles Robert was born in Canada on May 3, 1844 and died March 7, 1924. Joseph Coot was born in Canada on May 6, 1846 and died June 14, 1929. I have no information on Sarah or Essie.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 March 12 23:56 BST (UK) »
It sounds as though the who family left Ireland for Canada at an early date (c1842)? This is well before the start of civil registration in Ireland but to find church records, if any exist, you'd need to know the family's religion and where they lived (parish if not actual townland).

Any available information is likely to be found in Canadian/U.S. records. Have a look at Introduction to Irish Records and My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?.

Offline stanley79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 August 14 23:40 BST (UK) »
hi looking for information on robert wilson and his wife mary crozier drumagloland killinkere ca cavan ireland