Author Topic: Isaac Moses, b. 1738, of Fenton, Cumberland  (Read 20737 times)

Offline PIGSLUGS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Moses, b. 1738, of Fenton, Cumberland
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 27 January 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
The will of Thomas Moses of Stanhope answers a lot of questions for me.  It mentions his brother Joshua of Wolsingham who had two sons Thomas and John.  He also mentions in the will his other brother Samuel.  Joshuas, Thomas had a son called George I believe he is he George in Johns will along with cousins Thomas and Isaac being Samuels sons. This would explain why so much land around Wolsingham belonged to John and Thomas  George had a bastardly son to Margaret Fenwick in 1798.  He recognised him on his death bed and bequeathed him a large amount of money.  My husband is directly descended from George who was his great, great, great grandfather.

Thanks Christine

Offline jmo1955

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Moses, b. 1738, of Fenton, Cumberland
« Reply #37 on: Friday 21 April 23 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom
I am John Moses from Madison, WI USA. I am a descendent of John Moses (1781).  My Father was John Ramsey Moses (1919-2007), grandfather Governor John Moses (1885-1945), great grandfather Henrik Bauer Moses (1848-1922), great great grandfather John Moses (1813-1881), great great great grandfather John Moses (1781-1849), great great great great grandfather Isaac Samuelson Moses (1738-1807), and great great great great great grandfather Samuel Moses.  I am recently retired and have just starting my ancestry search.  I came upon this thread about Isaac and was very interested.  I don't want to impose but if you have any suggestions on where to find further Moses information I would love to hear about it.  Thanks for all the info posted in this thread.
John Moses