Author Topic: McDonagh family Ireland  (Read 12813 times)

Offline Mazzie67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McDonagh family Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Tara

You have said that you think Edward and Margaret had 4 children, how did you find that out please? I would like to know where to look for this information as I have no clue as to who Edward or Margarets parents were??

Regards

Maria

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:16 BST (UK) »
www.rootsireland.ie have the records for 4 children born to this couple

This site is quite tricky to use as they have recently changed the way you can use this site,and their fees, but if you want the records of the children before 1864 this will probably be the only place you can see them.

If you do decide to use them, please bear in mind that the records are transciptions of church records and it can be random as to what information you will see on it.

Tara

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 19:22 BST (UK) »
This the 2 post 1864 that appear on LDS free site

Mary
11 Oct 1867
Granard, Long, Ire
father's name: Edward Mcdonogh
mother's name: Margaret Woods

Edward Mcdonogh
03 Apr 1865
GRANARD,LONGFORD,IRELAND
father's name: Edward Mcdonogh
mother's name: Margaret Woods

Tara

Offline Benwokker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 October 16 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Maria, I found this old post while doing some speculative trawling for people connected to Airdriehill Square. My great-grandfather was Thomas O'Brien. He originally came from Bonmahon, Co. Waterford and was married to Mary Crotty. They moved to Scotland early 1870's and lived at Airdriehill Square, Whiterigg. As far as I know they had 3 children born in Co.Waterford, Richard Bn.1868, James Bn.1870 and Bridget Bn.1873. My grandfather, Thomas O'Brien, was born later at Whiterigg in 1882.
This is where I noticed a slight error in your post, which you may well have remedied by now.
 It was my grandfather's older brother, Richard O'Brien, who married Marie McDonagh on 15/7/1891 at St. Margarets RC Church, Airdrie, at which time she lived at 18 Airdriehill Square and he lived at No.20 (viewed the marriage registration on scotlandspeople website)
My grandfather, Thomas O'Brien married Catherine Lee in 1913 at St.David's RC Church, Meadowohead, at which time they also both lived at Airdriehill Square.
My great-grandfather, Thomas O'Brien, died at Whiterigg  in 1895 aged 50yrs and his wife Mary (Crotty) died, aged 75, at Whiterigg in 1922.
 My father, also Thomas O'Brien, was born and brought up in Airdriehill Square, Whiterigg where he lived until the mid 1930's, when the village was more or less abandoned and people moved to the nearby villages of Plains and Caldercruix. Would be pleased to hear if you knew anymore about this side of the family.