Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME FIND  (Read 3215 times)

Offline dinarina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
PLEASE HELP ME FIND
« on: Tuesday 17 May 05 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for the death record for a Margaret Sa(u)nders who died 26th September 1875. That is the date that is given on the headstone inscription (she is buried with her grand-parents). She appears on the 1871 census as living at Boreland Village in the parish of Hutton, aged 19 years and an agricultural labourer. She was living with her grandparents then and the census states that she was born at Wamphray, Dumfriesshire.
I have searched the LDS website & scotlandspeople as well as some of the English records - but cannot find a record of her death. I'm desperately trying to locate her death certificate to find out who her parents were - it is a mystery waiting to be solved.
Is there anyone out there that can help me - even if she can be located on the 1861 census it may show her living with her parents, probably in the parishes of Hutton or Wamphray.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you
Diane :)
Wigtownshire:- MCKIE/RANKIN(E)/MCCRACKEN/AULD/COSH/JACKSON
Dumfriesshire:- GRAHAM/CLOW(E)/SANDERS/THOMLINSON/GLOVER

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP ME FIND
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hiya Diane,

I gave you all the Sa(u)nders in Wamphrey in 1861 on your other post so you know she isn't there.

Have you tried searching for her death as Ma* Sa?nders in case she is listed as Maggie?

One of my directs was elusive for quite a long time for that reason.

Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline dinarina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP ME FIND
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hiya Pam,
Sorry if I keep repeating myself. I've found my Margaret on scotlandspeople. I omiited the christian name this time - don't know why I didn't think about that before.
Thank you once again.
Diane
Wigtownshire:- MCKIE/RANKIN(E)/MCCRACKEN/AULD/COSH/JACKSON
Dumfriesshire:- GRAHAM/CLOW(E)/SANDERS/THOMLINSON/GLOVER