Author Topic: Mcmorrow geevagh co sligo  (Read 6024 times)

Offline mcmorrc2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mcmorrow geevagh co sligo
« on: Monday 02 April 12 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi I would like to know does anybody have my great great grandparents on their family tree. They were Hugh and Mary mc morrow. Hugh was born in 1829 and Mary in 1831. they had a son my great grandfather John mc morrow born 1872 and a daughter Anne mc morrow born 1874. John married a woman called Anne fallon. They lived at cabragh killadeen Sligo. I am doing a family tree and trying to trace long lost relatives

Offline Gmcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mcmorrow geevagh co sligo
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 12:59 BST (UK) »
We are related to a McMorrow family who lived in Cabragh Geevagh Co. Sligo. A McMorrow, McDonagh and a Duffy married three sisters (Fallons). I will check out more info.

Offline mcmorrc2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 16:03 BST (UK) »
Yes let me know, John and Anne mc morrow had sons micheal, fr pat mc morrow, Christopher mc morrow, Thomas mc morrow, and Hubert Mcmorrow who died in infancy.

Offline Gmcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 16:39 BST (UK) »
So Christy must be your Grandfather. You are related to the Duffy and McDonagh families in Geevagh.

Offline mcmorrc2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hi yes, christy was my grandfather, I am doing up a family tree. Would u be able to fill me in on Anne fallons family as I can get no information on her on ancestry.com ie her parents and brothers and sisters and their children etc

Offline ArtfulOne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Mcmorrow and Mary McLoughlin of Cabragh, Geevagh Co Sligo
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 March 14 21:48 BST (UK) »
To all those who have been researching Hugh McMorrow and Mary McLoughlin of Cabragh.  I too am seeking information on them and any relatives; they are my G.G. Grandparents. They married on 12 February 1857 at the RC Parish of Geevagh. Patrick Nagle and Honora McLoughlin stood as witnesses. They had a daughter Catherine (eldest of the children, and my connection to them) who was baptised on 12 June 1859 at the RC Church of Geevagh, Co. Sligo, daughter of Hugh McMorrow and Mary McLoughlin of Cabragh. James Swift and Mary McMorrow stood as sponsors. Besides Catherine, there were children; John, Margaret, Michael, Mary, Hugh, Anne and apparently twins; Bridget and Patrick.  John, his eldest son married Anne (?) and their children were Patrick, Michael and Hubert. I do not know of any other children at this time. Catherine McMorrow emigrated to the United States (Boston, Massachusetts) in 1880, where she married Patrick Foley who married Hannah E. McCarthy and they had a son, Charles Hugh Foley. I would welcome any new information anyone might have to share.

Offline ArtfulOne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 31 March 14 23:23 BST (UK) »
Carol, hello. I am having trouble replying to your post, so I hope this gets to you.  I do not have any information on Hugh McMorrow's family other than a daughter Catherine and her records, since she is my Great Grandmother. She emigrated to Boston Massachusetts in 1880. His other children; John B:1860, Margaret B:1861, Michael B:1862 Mary B: 1863, Hugh B: 1865, Anne B:1866, Bridget and Patrick both born 1868. I know John married an Anne (?) and had children; Patrick, Michael, and Hubert. I have some property information from where Hugh and Mary lived,and then later on, where John and Anne lived, and Hugh's death date, etc. and Michael McMorrow being recorded as the rated occupier of the landholding in 1980, in Cabragh, after it was transferred to him from John in 1950. I have no other details on the family members or on any related people as well. I had a research firm in Dublin do some work for me, and this is what they came up with. Sorry I do not know more about Catherines' siblings, etc. at this time.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.