Author Topic: Goss & Richards - Swansea/Devon  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Goss & Richards - Swansea/Devon
« on: Tuesday 03 April 12 06:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Morgan,

Hopefully butting in here may be ok for the moment? I have read all messages on Glam board, cannot seem to start a new query, probably I have forgotten how or where. Anyhow I would like these names to be shown somewhere so as peeps from Swansea mostly can see the enquiry.

I would be so happy if anyone with these names could contact me. I have just writen a book about some of my ancestors of the old Swansea town. Anyone interested to speak about their heritage, family names, etc  please reply or PM me?

Goss and Richards families of Swansea/Devon are the main two names that I am researching at present. Ridgeway, and Hallet of Swansea from past generations are still to be added to another book later

I would be so happy to hear from Swansea relies.

Best of good regards to all here,
Diane in oz.

Moderator Comment: Topic split from old thread. Please do not mention living people on any reply

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Goss & Richards - Swansea/Devon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Diane  :)

This help page shows how to start a new topic:

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting.php

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline Laytown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 April 12 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,
I see your researching the Goss family purely by chance I took a grave photo in Cardiff today for
Walter Goss died 1923 born Georgegham Devon & his wife Alice died 1941 born Topsham Devon.
Would the photo be of any use to you?
L

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 May 12 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi L  i would luv a photo, as this line may well be my ancestors  much regards Di.TU  x

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 February 17 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi L  i would luv a photo, as this line may well be my ancestors  much regards Di.TU  x
Hi L  this reply is only just now being read by me sorry i did not see it before... where do I look for the photo please/ if you are still on rootschat..I had to leave online corresponding for a very long time...regards Diane.

Offline pedroparker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diane,

Something that may be of interest to you and may need some sleuthing.

Not sure if you know the area.

There were lots of Richards living in the Pentrechwyth/Llansamlet area but the name is quite a common surname, but even more interestingly is that there were lots of Goss's living in Pentrechwyth area. The shop (now a Premier store) at the top of Pentrechwyth Road opposite the old Action garage used to be called Goss's the shop.

Also Danygraig is just around the bend in Port Tennant and had a Danygraig farm along with many other farms.

Maybe this will help with your searches, just throwing it in there. :)

Pedro.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 17:36 GMT (UK) »
here's a recent thread, to save duplication

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=765482.0

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 00:10 GMT (UK) »

Hi Pedro, yes thats more than helpful as I had no idea nor did my cousin of so many Richards living in Pentrechwyth area. Also I had no idea of the Goss shop. I will let my cousin know now she is visiting her sister in Swansea, she herself lives in Bristol and loves to go to Swansea her home town.,as was mine. I am in Australia now living. Thank you so much. For this info;I will be adding  all this to my files. right now.  Best regards Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 00:54 GMT (UK) »

Hi Pedro, yes thats more than helpful as I had no idea nor did my cousin of so many Richards living in Pentrechwyth area. Also I had no idea of the Goss shop. I will let my cousin know now she is visiting her sister in Swansea, she herself lives in Bristol and loves to go to Swansea her home town.,as was mine. I am in Australia now living. Thank you so much. For this info;I will be adding  all this to my files. right now.  Best regards Diane.
Can this post be added to all my other Goss posts at all please moderator? regards Diane.