Author Topic: concannon from bilston  (Read 2467 times)

Offline TuiBird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: concannon from bilston
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 23:36 GMT (UK) »
I just joined this site and read the exchange on John and Bridget.  Thanks so much for the information there.

I'm trying to find out about where John's father came from in Ireland and his family context.  The census data is very confusing for the Chapel Street address and the records in Ireland matching birth dates is not conclusive nor necessary linked into family folk law.  My grandfather was John P born in 1877 to John and Bridget.  He dies in 1944 in Ellesmere Port on or around the same time that one of his sons, Patrick, died in a tank battle after the D Day landings.

I would also like to find out a little more about the McDonough family in Mayo but cannot trace them.  I am living in NZ so visiting to review records is not a simple matter.
Bird, Concannon, Harley, Ellaway, McDonough

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 March 17 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mickpepper3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 March 17 12:16 GMT (UK) »
it is very difficult to find information for ireland as a lot of the records were destroyed, what i do know is Bridgette was born in Bilston in 1854, her parents names were james and Margeret maiden name Oliver. John was born in Mayo in 1841 his fathers name was brien. your Grandfather John P was my Grandfathers Brother his name was Ferdinand. I have visited the cemetery where a lot of the family are buried also the catholic chapel where bridgette and john married on 17th February 1873. I have a copy of there marriage certificate if you would like a copy let me know. On the certificate when he signs it he only puts an x as his mark because he could not write, at the time of his marriage he puts his address as oxford street Bilston so i presume he was lodging with Bridgette's parents at the time.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 March 17 14:14 GMT (UK) »
apologies - should have posted on the other thread  ::)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk