Author Topic: Any Information - FALLON  (Read 12648 times)

Offline Rainbow1625

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Any Information - FALLON
« on: Wednesday 18 May 05 01:55 BST (UK) »
OK here is my problem, my g. grandfather was a Thomas Fallon b. approx 1857 we believe somewhere in Roscommon and or Galway.  His parents might have been John and Mary and he might have had siblings, Patrick, John, Michael and Andrew.  Thomas came to the US in 1874.  There are no Naturalization Records on him eventhough the census records states he became a citizen.   Patrick, John, Michael and Andrew all lived in Pittsburgh Pa.  My g. grandfather lived there from 1878 to approx 1880 and then moved back to New York.  If anyone out there can find any birth records on Thomas, I promise to be your best friend forever.  The records for his immigration to the US were lost in a fire - I am at my wits end and I really what to find my Roots over in Ireland.   HELP PLEASE. and of course thank you in advance and may God Bless You.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Any Information - FALLON
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 16:25 BST (UK) »
1  Thoman Fallon chris 23/8/1857 RC Killukin Rosc.
father Joannis Fallon
mother Mariae Higgins

2  Thomas Fallon chris 6/8/1858 St Peters RC Athlone Rosc.
father Johnannis Fallon
mother Mariae Lennon

Micheal Fallon chris 13/3/1864
Mathew Fallon chris 20/1/1870
the above are children  of Johnannis  and Mariae Lennon

audrey

Offline Rainbow1625

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 May 05 02:49 BST (UK) »
Dear Audrey,

Thank you so very much for the info you sent me, but unfortunately I do not think the info you sent me on Thomas is the one I am looking for.

Following are the approx. years of birth for the siblings of Thomas:
Michael b. 1845, John b. 1848, Patrick b. 1849 and Andrew b. 1851.  I know for sure that John and Mary are the parents to John because it is stated on his death certificate.  On the death cert. for Thomas, the parents are listed as unknown.  All of the above named Fallon's lived together in Pittsburgh, that is how I came up with them probably being brothers and also I was told through the years that 5 brothers originally came to the US.

If you come across any other information, please send it along.  Again, thank you in advance for your time and help.

Offline Rainbow1625

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 June 05 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey its me again.  I've been thinking about the Thomas Fallon info you sent me - the one born to John and Mary Higgins.  Can you tell me where I would write to get this birth info.  On my g grandfathers US census it states he was born in 1857 but on his death certificate when you calculate his birth it would be 1855.  I feel like I am hitting my head on a brick wall - my cousin and I swear this man swam here.  Its unbelievable that no one spoke of where they came from.  On all the old papers I find all it says is Ireland and the best is on his death certificate when it states parents names - its unknown.  This info was given by my g uncle - my cousin and I cannot believe that he did not know who his grandparents were or where his father came from.  My fathers cousin who lived with my g. grandfather told us that no one spoke or asked questions back then - what a shame.
Well if you can please pass on the info I requested, it would be greatly appreciated.  Once again, I Thank you and may God Bless.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 June 05 20:39 BST (UK) »
please could some one from Ireland answer the above question
thanks
audrey

Offline Oradon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 June 05 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, I too am looking for any info on the surname Fallon. I'm new to geneaology, my father was sent to Canada as a 'home child' in 1924, under the name McFallon. We now find out that his name probably was Fallon. Father Patrick Fallon, born Ireland 1859, mother a Winefred Burton, born 1868-70. They lived and died in England. The only places we have where Patrick might have been born, were Cork, Mayo or Roscommon.
Thank you
Nora C.

Offline ros2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 July 05 21:33 BST (UK) »
Have you tried the Ellis Island website? There are a few Fallons in the right timeframe, including a Thomas from Gort, Co. Galway, and an Andrew(1yr. age gap) from Pittsburgh. Ships from English ports called to Irish ports en route. There is also the possibility that emigration may have occurred via England or Canada. Many 1800s emigrants who told their descendants that they were from Ireland were actually born in England to Irish families resident there for at least 1 generation.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 July 05 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I too am looking for any info on the surname Fallon. I'm new to geneaology, my father was sent to Canada as a 'home child' in 1924, under the name McFallon. We now find out that his name probably was Fallon. Father Patrick Fallon, born Ireland 1859, mother a Winefred Burton, born 1868-70. They lived and died in England. The only places we have where Patrick might have been born, were Cork, Mayo or Roscommon.
Thank you
Nora C.

FALLON, Patritium   Christening
   Christening Date:   2 Apr 1859   Recorded in:   Dysart, Roscommon, Ireland
         Collection:   Roman Catholic
   Father:   Joannis FALLON
   Mother:   Brigidae MURRAY

I cant find Winefred but there is a lot of Burton children with no Christian names

audrey

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 July 05 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainbow,

I can't help directly but thought I'd post as the names are very familiar in my tree.

http://fallon.rootschat.net/37.html

This is my Thomas Fallon/Fallen born ~ 1811 in Ireland somewhere but no idea where.

I know Michael and Thomas are not unusual names names but thought I'd post anyway.

I am completely stuck at this point myself.

Thomas' wife maybe Bridget or Margaret Long though this is to be confirmed.

All the best with your search,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!