Author Topic: Standen Family Iden  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Alan19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Standen Family Iden
« on: Thursday 12 April 12 20:55 BST (UK) »
Am trying to find any information on the Standen family of Iden. I have James 1785-1841 who married Elizabeth Dive in 1814. Can only find one son for this marriage namely James 1815-1866. James remarried in 1826 to Elizabeth Relf and again I can only find one child Dinah Sarah 1827, my great x3 grandmother. The IGI gives James' parents as William C1754 and Mary of Iden but I have been unable to trace a marriage or any further children to this couple. Neither William or James appear in the SFHG site Iden records so it is possible the IGI records are incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Standen Family Iden
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 April 12 23:32 BST (UK) »
This is before the 1814 marriage you mention

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N293-5G9

James remarried in 1826 to Elizabeth Relf

IGI shows another marriage in 1826 to Elizabeth Warner

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NK44-T3X
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Alan19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Standen Family Iden
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 April 12 19:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carole,

Have wondered about Harriet but there seems to be another James and Elizabeth that were having children in Iden from 1792 to 1806 so Harriet could be the daughter of either couple. I believe this was James of Salehurst who married Elizabeth Barnes in Brightling 1785. I have considered this as a link to Salehurst but can still not find a baptism for William.

The marriage confused me for a while but Elizabeth Warner was in fact Elizabeth Relf, a widow having first married Thomas Warner in 1815 in Iden. He died in 1817 and there were two children to the marriage. Elizabeth also went on to marry John Coveney in Iden 1846, James having died earlier in 1841.