Author Topic: Birth records for Edinburg  (Read 10007 times)

Offline carolh7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth records for Edinburg
« Reply #27 on: Friday 04 August 17 22:54 BST (UK) »
Moderator, I'm very sorry I broke the rules. I forgot about the PM system. Carol H

Offline RCMack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 28 December 17 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Megan,

Great to read your posts and learn you are a descendant of Philip McKenzie of Topsfield  and that you are researching Philip and his brother William. There was a third brother, Alexander. I have corresponded with the lady that is Alexander's descendant. A cousin of hers did a DNA test and my brother and I and another descendant of our William McKenzie have done DNA tests. Unfortunately our DNA results did not match closely with those of Alexander's descendant. So it looks like my hopeful theory that our William was the brother of Philip is disproven by the DNA. If you have done a DNA test, I would like to know about the results, if you are willing, just to verify this though.  I have also corresponded with Ed Brumby and if he doesn't see your message and respond here soon, I will contact him and let him know about your post. Thanks again for your message, Carol Harrison
I just discovered this forum, and this immediately caught my eye. I am the 3gr grandson of Alexander MacKenzie,(McKenzie) of Essex, MA. Family history has held that three MacKenzie brothers arrived with a British regiment and taken prisoner at Boston, (Phillip (or Enoch), William, and Alexander. I have been DNA tested and have been hoping for a match on the Phillip line.
Mackenzie, MacLean

Offline carolh7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 December 17 19:11 GMT (UK) »
 Hi there,

Wonderful to see your post, RC Mack, and learn you are a descendant of Alexander Mackenzie.  And fantastic you have done a DNA test, I would love to compare results with you.  I tested with family tree DNA and my results are on gedmatch.com. Currently doing a test with ancestry also. I wonder if maybe we corresponded in the past.

Thanks very much, Carol Harrison

Offline RCMack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 28 December 17 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Carol, we may have run into each other in the past. I've been on the "McKenzie" quest for many years. One theory, (credit my father), is that Alexander may have been Wm. Alexander, and thus only two brothers? My DNA is on Ancestry and Gedmatch.
Mackenzie, MacLean

Offline carolh7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 28 December 17 20:26 GMT (UK) »
 Thanks for your reply. That was my theory for many years also that William and Alexander were one in the same. But then I got in touch with you and later a lady who also definitely had Alexander as her ancestor, so then believed there was an Alexander. Recently got in touch with another person who is descended from a William and has the same story that he went back to England and then to the East Indies. So who knows. But I have a DNA match with at least three people descended from PhilIp or Alexander, so related in some way. How can I find you on gedmatch or ancestry? My email address is the same as years ago, if you can find it. Thanks so much, Carol Harrison

Offline RCMack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 28 December 17 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Carol,I don't think we match on Ancestry, (mackpower). Can't find your email. Tried to PM you.
Mackenzie, MacLean

Offline carolh7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:01 GMT (UK) »
 I don't have results on Ancestry yet, as my sample did not test right. I have another kit here in my home now to do. But I have a McKenzie third cousin who tested on Ancestry and I can look for you in his results. Thanks for your ancestry name. Can also look for your tree on ancestry. This will be a little later today as I need to go out. Thanks again.

Offline carolh7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 28 December 17 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Checked gedmatch.com and we have only a small match of 4.6 CM on chromosome 13. I should check you with my brother also who sometimes has better DNA results than I do. Didn't see how to reply to your personal message, so posting this here.  We did correspond some years ago and I recently tried your email from that time period, but it didn't go through.

Offline RCMack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 28 December 17 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Carol, the connection would be what, six generations removed? DNA could be washed out a bit. Try a match with your brother and see if it changes.
Mackenzie, MacLean