Author Topic: Maesmynis Pughs  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Rootschat and the Library of Wales..... Superb!
    • View Profile
Maesmynis Pughs
« on: Monday 16 April 12 07:52 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on the Pugh Family living in Maesmynis, particularly in the 1700s. Does anyone know of a Thomas Pugh who married Elizabeth Morganes, and who posted a marriage bond in Maesmynis in 1707.

I am also searching for Thomas Pugh and Elizabeth who had a son Thomas in Llanfihangel Nant Bran in 1714. Did they come from Methyr Cynog?

Thanks!

Llanfi
Pugh, Powell, Williams, Maddox, Prosser

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Rootschat and the Library of Wales..... Superb!
    • View Profile
Re: Maesmynis Pughs
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 July 12 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I found an entry in the Maesmynis B-Ts for "Elizabeth Morgan, widow, buried 31st of May 1707" This was about two weeks after Thomas Pugh and Elizabeth Morgan obtained a bond to marry at Maesmynis Parish Church. This may account for the lack of an entry for a  marriage between the two of them!
 A Thomas Pugh, yeoman, married a Maudlin Pr??? in 1707
 There was another  Thomas Pugh, Church Warden at Maesmynis in 1690, so there may still be hope for my ancestors in Maesmynis.
I visited the Church there in June, but it was closed and the weather was bad, so I went to the Library of Wales and tried to find all of the Pughs in the B-Ts for Maemsynis. I couldn't connect any of them directly to my family ancestors in Llanfihangel Nant Bran

Cheers,
Llanfi
Pugh, Powell, Williams, Maddox, Prosser