Author Topic: Waresley Court  (Read 7640 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Waresley Court
« on: Wednesday 18 May 05 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Gang,

This is a very long shot, but I have been searching for any photographic evidence of Waresley Court (part of Hartlebury - near Kiddermnister) for several years but have had no luck yet - I know the Court was sold to a property developer around 1925 but would love a photo of it as several of my ancestors worked there.

FINGERS CROSSED VERY HARD

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline CU

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Waresley Court
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 July 05 16:44 BST (UK) »
Have you tried the Record Office, Libraries? Sorry if you had.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 August 05 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

Thanks for the sugestion but Ive tried Worcester History Centre but could find nothing on the Court (Ive still got about 7 years or Berrows Worcester Journal to read yet though) - Ive been looking for photgraphic evidence since 1996 & dont think I'm going to be lucky as the Hartlebury Historical Society (The Court was in Hartlebury by the way) have also been unable to find anything.

This is what you call a soding great brick wall

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline hollie2007

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 July 07 13:19 BST (UK) »
hello,

i too am looking for history information on the same place as you i think. My family and i lived there a few years ago for a while when it was empty. i cannot find anything on it either only that it has been turned into luxury apartments. you can view a picture of it on the property websites. how much information do you have on the manor and your ancestors?

many thanks

Hollie

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 July 07 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Hollie

Are we talking about the same Waresley Court part of the village of Hartlebury in Worcestershire - That has never been luxury apartments as it was sold to a property developer around about 1900 & no longer exists - I should know as I spend 3 months of the year [on 3 holidays] at Crossway Green about 1 mile from wher the old Court used to stand.

Good luck with your research into it & I hope you find something out but don't rely on pictures on the internet to find it as there is no photographic evidence of this Waresley Court & the best monument to it is a raod that was named after it "Waresley Court Road" very imaginative don't you think.

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare [lived at Hartlebury for 3 years & a lot of my relations still live there, 2 of them are 75]
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
  • I'm a Cousin - are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 July 07 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi
The Victoria History series of books about counties seem to have lots of pictures of the larger properties.
Unforunately the online version doesn't have pictures but you may find one in the library.
If you are not local to Worcestershire most libraries will look for an interlibrary loan for you.
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Gloucestershire-Bishop,Hicks,Higgs,Hill,Hooper,Hopkins,Pitcher,Robertson,Stinton,Terret,Woodruff.
Worcestershire-Stinton. 
Devon- Borrough or Burrow.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

Ive already had all the Victorian County History volumes for Worcestershire on inter library loan & fornd nothing about waresley Court, but did find a lot about other parts of the county I'm researching as well as a fair bit about Hartlebury

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
  • I'm a Cousin - are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi
Re message below. I wondered where that had gone.
I obviously misplaced it.
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Gloucestershire-Bishop,Hicks,Higgs,Hill,Hooper,Hopkins,Pitcher,Robertson,Stinton,Terret,Woodruff.
Worcestershire-Stinton. 
Devon- Borrough or Burrow.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 July 07 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sorry to appear a bit dense, but what has St Mary's got to do with Waresley Court, Hartlebury, WOR

All the best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell