Author Topic: Waresley Court  (Read 7637 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Waresley Court
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 December 17 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan

Thanks for your info but I already have a good image from above of Warseley Court on an old map before it was sold to a developer who demolished the Court & put a very big housing estate in its grounds - mind you if you know what to look for you can still see bits of evidence of the Court, boundary walls, part of the orangery & the foundations of a big water tower that used to supply the court & its stables.  Im not a local but did live at Waresley for 3 years when a young man & spend about 18 weeks a year there now so I suppose you could say Im not exactly an outsider ;D

I hope you have a great Christmas & the New Year is very good to you

once again thank you for thinking of me re info on the Court

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
  • I'm a Cousin - are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 December 17 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Gloucestershire-Bishop,Hicks,Higgs,Hill,Hooper,Hopkins,Pitcher,Robertson,Stinton,Terret,Woodruff.
Worcestershire-Stinton. 
Devon- Borrough or Burrow.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 December 17 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

Yes thanks Ive got that on my mobile taken from an original photo that hangs on the wall of the cousins I stay with when I visit Waresley & I can tell you a bit about that picture'

The building on the left hand side was the lodge (demolished long ago) to Waresley house & grounds, the road was widened a hell of a lot & is now part of the A449, the building in the background is an old pub that used to be known as the Crown & was demolished a long time ago to make room for the A449

All the very best

Phil

ps thanks for thinking of me by the way :)
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 December 17 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again

I just noticed that you are researching the Stinton's of WOR & cant help wondering what part of the county your researching for them as Ive done a fair bit of work on the name for a friend of mine & have looked at Cotheridge, Claines & a few parishes of Worcester itself & I still think that you could be linked to James Stinton in some way as he was one of the famous game bird painters at Worcester Royal Porcelain Factory

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline WaresleyWoman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I can't seem to work out how to insert an image here from my saved images, but I've added it as an attachment.

The image shows the original lodge for Waresley House.  Waresley House was built in 1750 and this lodge looks contemporary to me, particularly with the arched windows mirroring those on the main house.  The image you have is, I believe, a later property on the site.  Here's another postcard that shows the later property with The Crown more clearly in the background...…  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waresley-near-Kidderminster-Hartlebury-Stourport-/260470517377

I hope this is still of interest.

Kind regards,

Rachel.

Offline Badterminal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I may be able too help you with a photo of Waresley Court.

Bill martindale

Offline Jackdaw24

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 08 February 24 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Interesting to read this thread as my great great aunt and family are showing as living at Waresley House Lodge on the 1921 census. Her husband, Albert Heap, was Head Gardener. I have some scans of photos somewhere that are connected with their time in the Hartlebury area, so it's inspired me to look them out and hopefully, they'll be enlightening!