Author Topic: Death Notice Auckland: Annie Florence BARNETT COMPLETED  (Read 2127 times)

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Death Notice Auckland: Annie Florence BARNETT COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 17 April 12 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am after info on how I could find a death/ funeral notice of Annie Florence BARNETT who died in Auckland 25 August 1987.

After much searching on line I have found that she was cremated at Purewa Cemetery and Crematorium on 27 August 1987, there is no memorial as ashes were "returned".

To complete this branch of my tree I would like to find out if there was a death/ funeral notice published in a Auckland newspaper, as I live over the ditch in Sydney, I have no clues on where to start to search.

Could somebody give me some hints on how I could find if there was a notice

Thanks

Cass

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Auckland: Annie Florence BARNETT
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 01:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Cass,

You could try emailing the FD's they are still in business

http://www.fdanz.org.nz/about-fdanz/fdanz-funeral-directors/auckland.aspx

Cut and paste the cemetery record into the body of the email

Cheers Janette

Offline minniehaha

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 04:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If you wish, I can obtain a copy of the newspaper death notice for you this coming Friday.

Minniehaha.
HAMMOND, Cainham/Caynham, Shropshire, U.K. Otago-NZ.
GALBRAITH, Ireland, Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Kensington-London, U.K.
GRANT, Sct., Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Vancouver, Canada.
GLASS, Aberdeenshire, Otago-NZ.
CAIRNEY/CARNEY/KEARNEY/Ireland, Airdrie, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
O'BRIEN Mary Ann, Limerick, Otago-NZ.
NICOL(L) James, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
SCOTT Thomas, Shetland, Otago-NZ.
MCHARDY/MCHARDIE Euphemia, Scotland, Otago-NZ.

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 05:03 BST (UK) »
Minniehaha

That would be wonderful, I have got to be honest, I dont know really know if there is a notice to find, I am just hoping there is one.

I also followed Janette's suggestion and this morning sent an email of the Funeral Directors, if they reply I will let you know what they say

Thanks again for your kind offer

Regards

Cass

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Auckland: Annie Florence BARNETT COMPLETED
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 April 12 06:30 BST (UK) »
Minniehaha

Thank you so much for the wonderful Notice,
so far no reply from the Funeral Director

regards

Cass

Offline nlittle

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Cass

I'm a grandson of Edward Cecil Rhodes and Annie Florence Barnett (nee Weller).  I came across your posts and I'm interested to try and start tracking a bit of family history.  I know a bit about my grandmothers line in terms of the descendants of her mother Eliza Jane but have very little in relation to Edward or Ted as he's referred.  Any pointers you could give me would be welcome.  I'm new to all of this.  Currently my three daughters would be the last of Annie and Ted's line.

Cheers

Neil

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 June 17 06:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Neil

I am away on holidays at the moment and called into the local library to check my emails, ( don't have one of those fancy phones where you have email access)

When I get home I will be in contact, from my very bad memory, I recall that Edward's mother was my late grandmothers sister,  they were members of the Sheppard family that lived on the Macleay River at Frederickton, my grandmother Eva was the youngest of 13 children.

I think that I found your grandmother on the E rolls in NZ and wrote her a letter and an email arrived from one of her sons with a copy of Edwards Death Cert. I think that I sent him some information on the Sheppard's but I am not real sure as it was years ago.

Any how thanks for getting in contact with me, I hope to be home late this week

regards

Cass

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 June 17 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Neil , I am back home and have been having a bit of a search.

I have found that I did send you emails in May 2012 with details of the Sheppard family, some photos and death notices.  As I was researching my Grandmother's Sheppard family I don't have any information on the Barnett's. I did  contact Mt Thompson Crematorium and they told me that there is no Memorial for Edward.
Just had a quick look on TROVE (were there are lots of old Aussie newspapers) and found a story in the Brisbane Truth 26.4.1953 regarding Edward and Annie's divorce,. there are also a few social articles (with photos) which may be regarding your Mother, as her given name is not as popular as others (I cannot type the given name as it is Rootschat policy not name living people) I am not certain that they are about your Mother.

Regards

Cass T