Author Topic: U. S. grave photo resource: Findagrave  (Read 5164 times)

Offline JKS60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
U. S. grave photo resource: Findagrave
« on: Tuesday 17 April 12 00:49 BST (UK) »
Just thought I'd mention (remind folks?) that Findagrave does have a "request photo" feature - you do not have to be the creator of the person's "memorial" to place such a request; if that person is not currently listed at the site, you can add him/her yourself, and then request a photo (U. S. burials only).  I've had fairly decent luck with my family members that way.
As an added bonus (incentive) for adding your U. K. (non-U.S. at any rate) family burials, you might get a note from a (distant) relation saying "Thanks! Smedly was my great great grandpa via his daughter Hepzebah."

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
Re: U. S. grave photo resource: Findagrave
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chatters Findagrave is no longer just for U. S. photo requests.  I had to photo request filled for burials  in 2 different cemeteries in Australia. They are currently look for volunteers to fill photo requests all over the world.  If you have the persons name and dates and know the country and cemetery name it can be added.  If the cemetery is not found in there database there is an option to add the cemetery.  If you request a photo a message will pop up that tells you how many photo volunteers are available within so many miles of the cemetery.  I currently have photo requests pending on findagrave for Dysart cemetery and East Wemyss. So please do not overlook this as resource outside the US. There are people adding memorials and photos daily not all are in the US.  Beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness