Author Topic: Lowestoft Wheelers Cycling Club History (Est. 1933)  (Read 6041 times)

Offline AmisUK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Lowestoft Wheelers Cycling Club History (Est. 1933)
« on: Wednesday 18 May 05 21:05 BST (UK) »
This might be considered a little off-topic, but it is a form of local history from the Lowestoft area.

As one of the remaining members of the Lowestoft Wheelers Cycling Club which was established in 1933 (i'm not that old!), I have decided to try and put together some information about the members of the club from the early days to the present.

I would appreciate if anyone has any information on past members, photo's etc...  even articles from old Lowestoft Journals (race results).

The aim is eventually to get enough details to have a website about the history of the club.

Regards
Paul
London Area (Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Whitechapel): Ames, Brown, Ellis.
Lowestoft Area: Ames, Colby, Knights, Lincoln, Mantripp, Martin, Tripp, Turner.
Durham Area: Barkess, Mushens.

Belgium (Oost Vlaanderen): Baluwé, Bombeke, Boon, De Bock, De Potter, Dua, Latour, Noppe, Thys, Vanden Berghe, Van Hoey, Seghers, Vercheyen, Vergauwen, Wuytack

France: De Cambrai, De Flandres, De Hennin, De Haynin, Denain, d'Ostrevant, De Ribemont, De Roucy, De Valenciennes

Offline Scooby60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lowestoft Wheelers Cycling Club History (Est. 1933)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 August 16 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Paul, regarding the Lowestoft Wheelers post, I have journals, diaries and photos kept by my late husband who was a member in the mid 60's, Peter Parr. Let me know if you're still interested.
Regards
Susan Parr

Offline AmisUK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 August 16 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Susan,
I would be interested in any information from that time, as my father started in 1960, and he is still in touch with some members from that time.
Some of my earliest memories are from going with my dad to the club weekly meetings in the 70's.
Kind Regards
Paul
London Area (Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Shoreditch, Whitechapel): Ames, Brown, Ellis.
Lowestoft Area: Ames, Colby, Knights, Lincoln, Mantripp, Martin, Tripp, Turner.
Durham Area: Barkess, Mushens.

Belgium (Oost Vlaanderen): Baluwé, Bombeke, Boon, De Bock, De Potter, Dua, Latour, Noppe, Thys, Vanden Berghe, Van Hoey, Seghers, Vercheyen, Vergauwen, Wuytack

France: De Cambrai, De Flandres, De Hennin, De Haynin, Denain, d'Ostrevant, De Ribemont, De Roucy, De Valenciennes

Offline Scooby60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 March 17 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,
I don't find this site particularly easy to use. I am keen to supply you with copies of photos and of the journal, but perhaps it would be easier for me to email them to yourself? My email is sueparr@hotmail.com.
It's such a shame that they are shut away in a suitcase, when the memories could be shared.
Regards
Susan