Author Topic: George STANLEY  (Read 4359 times)

Offline pickersj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George STANLEY
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 April 12 12:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you judb, it's nice to know that George may have married & had a family.  I've read the newspaper reports about George & I think if it happened now it  wouldn't even have gone to the magistrates. Thanks again
Palin  Whitwick Leics. Hucknall Notts
Parry Brymbo Denbighshire, Hanley Staffs, Hucknall Notts, Conisbrough & Denaby Yorks
Perry Denbighshire/Staffs/Yorkshire
Rushton Notts
Severn Notts
Straw Notts

Offline wonky-donky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 February 16 00:15 GMT (UK) »
hi, i am a descendant of George Stanley and Ann Dynan.  I am currently looking for info going back further on George Stanley side his convict record shows his family as being - Father James - Mother Sarah - Brothers James, Adam, John - Sisters Anna, Mary, Sarah, Deborah and Sophia and George being from Bentley (near Doncaster) Yorkshire England. Also currently trying to find how Ann Dynan arrived in tasmania.
Munting (england and tasmania) - Tuthill - Eastley - Stanley - Dynan - Sheriff - Hopcraft - Dine - Cossam - Burns - Claridge - Lincoln - Calder (kirkintilloch and tasmania) - Millar - Dickenson - Snelling - Dean :)

Online judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 February 16 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, wonky-donky

Pickersj hasn't logged into R'chat since 2014.  If s/he has the same email address then notification of your reponse to the thread should be sent.

Ann and George STANLEY are buried at Deloraine cemetery, and Ann,according to the funeral notice was living at Blackamoor which seems to be near-ish to Deloraine - the funeral notice has allowed 3 hours to move from her residence into Deloraine so it seems quite a trek.
Ann STANLEY, d 21 May, 1913
George STANLEY, d 25 September, 1894, aged 65

http://www.geodata.us/australia_names_maps/aumaps.php?fid=232507&f=231&name=Blackamoor%20Head

Here's the funeral notice for Ann,
http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/50707394

George's Will is on-line.  He leaves all to Anne, and his place of residence at the time of the Will (1894) is Pleasant Valley, Tasmania, but he died at Blackamore, according to the probate document.
https://linctas.ent.sirsidynix.net.au/client/en_AU/names/search/results?qu=stanley&qf=NI_INDEX%09Record+type%09Wills%09Wills

If you search the link below there are many references to George and some for Ann/e.  Their death entries are there and their marriage entry.
http://www.linc.tas.gov.au/

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wonky-donky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 February 16 08:14 GMT (UK) »
thank you judith - i didnt have ann's death or funeral notice and i found george's last will and testament today actually as ive only just started within the last few days of going down this line, thanx again for the info and the links :D
Munting (england and tasmania) - Tuthill - Eastley - Stanley - Dynan - Sheriff - Hopcraft - Dine - Cossam - Burns - Claridge - Lincoln - Calder (kirkintilloch and tasmania) - Millar - Dickenson - Snelling - Dean :)

Offline pickersj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 February 16 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wonky Donky, It is the George Stanley in my tree, he's my 1st cousin 4x removed. George's father James was the brother of my 3x great grandfather John Stanley. I've got the baptism details for George's family & other bits of info if you need them. I'm so glad George had a family.
Palin  Whitwick Leics. Hucknall Notts
Parry Brymbo Denbighshire, Hanley Staffs, Hucknall Notts, Conisbrough & Denaby Yorks
Perry Denbighshire/Staffs/Yorkshire
Rushton Notts
Severn Notts
Straw Notts

Offline wonky-donky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 February 16 10:28 GMT (UK) »
hi pickersj - george stanley is my 3x great grandfather :) any info u have on george's family would be greatly appreciated thank you - im new to the site but i think i sent u a personal message also HAHA :)

Offline GoldCoastGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hey! I’ve just found this thread and Lawrence & Sarah Rockliff were my 3x Great GrandParents!  :)

Would love to be able to talk to someone about this..

Lawrence & Sarah Rockliff:
Son: Lawrence Rockliff who married Mary J Stead in 1888.
Lawrence and Mary Rockliff:
Son: William John Rockliff who married Jessie Isabella Ferguson in 1915.
William and Jessie Rockliff:
Daughter: Mary Millar Stead Rockliff ~ Famously know to us as Molly Wade, my Nanny.. <3

William met Jessie (born in NZ, family from Scotland) in New Zealand..

Molly married Desmond Wade in 1947 who had 4 kids:
Paul Wade B: June 1948
Lynette Wade B: Sept 1949
Alan Wade B: March 1951
Mark Wade B: May 1956

My Mumma is Lynette Wade who married Alister Shepherd, now named: Nicki Shepherd..

Alister and Nicki Shepherd:
Erin Shepherd B: 1973
Anna Shepherd B: 1978

Erin Shepherd married Dean McMaster in 2003, separated in 2017.
Sons: Lachlan McMaster B: 2005 and Connor McMaster B: 2007..

Oh, and Taco our Doggo!

We also live back in Qld, Australia now..

Would love to connect with someone regarding this thread..

:)

Offline wonky-donky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 09:39 BST (UK) »
hi goldcoastgirl - it would seem we share 4x great grandparents then - my 3x g grandfather george is sarah's brother  :D im in tasmania where george ended up. Welcome to the family  ;)

Offline GoldCoastGirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 10:06 BST (UK) »
That’s so Awesome! Welcome as well - What shall we have for Christmas lunch this year? haha

Mum and I are scrolling and searching, it’s so interesting!

What have you found about your side? Do you know much about George’s history? When did he marry Ann?

Our Lawrence was a school teacher who paid for him, Sarah and 2 children to come over on the dreaded Beejapore in 1853.

Unfortunately on either the voyage or when in quarantine for months when it landed, they lost their 1 year old son named Francis Rockliff.. 😢

We’ve even found that Lawrence Rockliff’s Dad (Sarah’s Husbands Dad) was a Hero of Waterloo! (Also named Lawrence..)

Please keep in touch! Mumma says Hello Family!! x