Author Topic: Any thoughts?  (Read 14197 times)

Offline Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any thoughts?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 May 12 09:54 BST (UK) »
Yes I appreciate the birth certificate is crucial. Another one to add to the long list.

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 May 12 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, coming a bit late to this thread but I can confirm that there was no father recorded in the Civil birth record of Frances Olive Laughlin, birth recorded Newtownstewart RD 1901, mother Ellen Laughlin, no father recorded

Regards

Joe
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 May 12 17:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Joe

Offline brenbrooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi from Australia. My great aunt Annie nee Whiteside was married to Willie loughlin who was given the freedom of coatbridge after becoming a ww1 hero. I don't know dates of birth but would have to be late 1800s. After the war they ran a fish and chip shop probably in coatbridge.  They never had children. Maybe Willie was the son of William. Hope this helps. Brenda

Offline Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 17:31 GMT (UK) »
A different William Loughlin although there maybe a connection if your Willie is from Tyrone. The William I referred to married Margaretta and did have a son William however William junior was blind. There are a few Loughlins in Coatbridge as there are in Tyrone not sure how they all connect though.   

Offline Lisa Loughlin Allen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 December 14 00:59 GMT (UK) »
I am a direct descendant of the Loughlins, Sion Mills, Co Tyrone. I have done a lot of research. William Loughlin is one of 6 brothers (William,Alexander,James,Charles,John, Robert) I am related to Robert Loughlin 1858-1895. My GGGrandfather. I don't know anything else about William. Robert & Catherine had 9 children Sarah(1877-1903),Robert(1879-1933), Elizabeth1883-1934, Samuel(1884-1948), Isobel (bella)(1887-1967), Rebecca(1890-1957), Margaret(1892-1946), Thomas(1894-1910) and Annie(1896-1919).  Samuel 1884-1948 is my GGrandfather who moved to Greenend, Coatbridge.  Samuel is the only loughlin who moved from Sion Mills, Co Tyrone, Ireland to Coatbridge Scotland. Samuel & Rebecca had 3 children. James, Robert, Annie. Annie (1924-1982) is the only Annie I have found.  Hope this helps some!

Offline Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 02 March 15 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa

Sorry for the late reply just noticed your post.

I am a bit confused by your post however. You say William Loughlin is one of 6 brothers (William, Alexander, James, Charles, John and Robert) What William are you referring to? I was under the impression that the Robert Loughlin who married Catherine Aitchison was the son of Robert and Margaret (perhaps Loughlin) and this Robert was the son of Samuel, which I got from family search. And going by the baptism records of Urney Parish church I thought Roberts siblings where Margaret, Mary, Samuel and Isabella. As mentioned previously there are lots of Loughlins in this area with similar names and lots of intermarriage, so I may be wrong.

Not sure why you are saying your grandfather Samuel Loughlin was the only one to move from Tyrone to Scotland. All of the siblings apart from Jane and Thomas who both died in Tyrone at a young age came to Scotland. Even Jane’s son Robert Hyndman and his half brother William Hyndman came to Scotland. Robert lived in Johnstone, Renfrewshire and the rest in the Coatbridge area. As you say Annie died young also. Elizabeth, Margaretta, Samuel and Robert where married in Tyrone and Becky and Bella where married in Scotland.

I am sure I have a picture of your grandfather, my father, their cousin Bobby Loughin and their aunt Bella taken at Deeds Street, Coatdyke in the 1950’s, if you wish I will try and upload it.

Andrew         

Offline Julia davidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 March 17 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have recently been looking up my family tree on my fathers side. His name was James loughlin 19/01/43
He has a sister Helen and a brother sammy. His mum was Elizabeth McLean and his father was also James loughlin. Hope to hear from anyone like :)

Offline Andrew C.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 April 17 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Julia,

Where were your Loughlin's from?