Author Topic: boyle  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Teek10

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
boyle
« on: Sunday 29 April 12 15:30 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on Hugh and Rose.The only thing I have is the Baptism of their son Hugh,in Carlingford ,18/8/1843. Looking for their marriage and any other children they may have had.

Thanks

Trevor

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Boyle and Rose Dullahan
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 April 12 15:40 BST (UK) »
Did you already check the Carlingford records for any siblings and possible parents marriage ?

Records for the parish seem to go back to 1835.

previous topic on this family for reference : Hugh Boyle

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 April 12 16:45 BST (UK) »
A quick search of the free index on RootsIreland show three possible Boyle baptisms in total with parents names Hugh and Rose. Both show up under Carlingford RC parish. The first seems to be a William Boyle in 1846, recorded as Wm.  The other possible baptism match is in 1837 and seems to be a Patrick.

Did you get the marriage cert for Hugh jnr mentioned in the other thread to confirm name & occupation of Hugh snr ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Teek10

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 April 12 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Shane,
The Hugh Boyle I have come up   with is the only one I could find for that birth year ,1843,so not certain I am on the right one. I know Hugh's father was called Hugh,I have that info from a relative.
I was given the info about Hugh and Rose from someone else.I dont have acces to Carlingford records.
Thanks
Trevor

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 April 12 17:32 BST (UK) »
Transcripts of Carlingford records are available on the PayWebsite mentioned in the other topic. I used the free index on that website to search for the possible siblings.

I also checked for a possible marriage, but the only Hugh Boyle marriage I found in the area was after those baptisms. The records for the parish only go back to 1835... so possibly not far enough to include a record this marriage.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Teek10

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 April 12 17:52 BST (UK) »
OK Thanks Shane
Trevor