Author Topic: Simms  (Read 1997 times)

Offline SimmsCH

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simms
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Elijah Augustus is also my great grandfather through Harold, his son (so he's my grandfather). He and his wife Bertha had only one child, my father Eric (married to Gwendoline - nee Wood). Dad brought us all out to Australia in 1958, where I've lived ever since. It's only now that I'm retired that I have the time to sit and poke around the Internet for information. I have had very little about my family and, now both parents are deceased, I have to find out for myself. Oh, and I was born in Nottingham in December 1949.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Simms
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. The posts are quite old and the posters have not been on this site for some time. If you require any help with your searching, I am sure there are many on here willing to offer.

Seems that Elijah was a "congregational Minister"and chaplain to the Nottingham general cemetery he died 29th May 1919.He left 2390 14s 3d- a fair old sum in 1919.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley. Beardall. Mabbott.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.