Author Topic: Simms  (Read 3128 times)

Offline SimmsCH

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simms
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Elijah Augustus is also my great grandfather through Harold, his son (so he's my grandfather). He and his wife Bertha had only one child, my father Eric (married to Gwendoline - nee Wood). Dad brought us all out to Australia in 1958, where I've lived ever since. It's only now that I'm retired that I have the time to sit and poke around the Internet for information. I have had very little about my family and, now both parents are deceased, I have to find out for myself. Oh, and I was born in Nottingham in December 1949.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Simms
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. The posts are quite old and the posters have not been on this site for some time. If you require any help with your searching, I am sure there are many on here willing to offer.

Seems that Elijah was a "congregational Minister"and chaplain to the Nottingham general cemetery he died 29th May 1919.He left £2390 14s 3d- a fair old sum in 1919.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley