Author Topic: Bond Family  (Read 5708 times)

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bond Family
« on: Friday 04 May 12 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi All
I am a descendent of Uriah Bond 1674 - 1738 Cirenster, he married Anne Verinder 1677 - 1737. Would anyone have any info on the Verinder family please. Also on some Ancestory trees there is a photo attached called the Shambles but no one seems to know the significance of this to the Bond family.
Thanking you
 Donbeth

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
Re: Bond Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 May 12 05:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

I found the marriage.

Source, IGI (Extracted record):
16 Oct 1698 Uriah Bond & Anne Verinder, Cirencester, mar.

Anne may not necessarily have come from Cirencester, or Uriah for that matter (unless you know otherwise), there were a number of Verinders in the Bisley area at that time. Also worth taking into account is the name variants; Verrinder, Verender, Verrender etc...

It may be worth a trawl through Family Search, that's where I saw a good number of them. There is an Ann Verender bap. 1674 in Bisley for example.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Geoff
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 12 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Geoff

Thankyou very much for your input and I will go through the Family search sight and see what I can come up with.
Thanks once again
Sherrie

Offline kate777

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 June 15 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am also a descendant of Uriah Bond I am researching the Bonds for a while now.  How are you connected.  My Mom was Bond born in Birmingham, her grandfather John who was married to Eliza Cripps at some stage moved up to the Midlands from Kempsford, Gloucestershire.

Would love to hear from you

Kate777

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 June 15 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate777
My gggrandmother was Hester {Esther} Bond who married Jethro Smith. Her father Mark Bond and then in turn Thomas Bond. Then I have his father Thomas a descendent of Uriah.
I must admit I have not come up with a 100% verification of this. I am interested in your research of the Bond's. I have an Elizabeth Crips married to a John Wickenden in Edenbridge, but this is another branch of my family. I would love to hear more on your family history.
Regards
Donbeth

Offline kate777

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Donbeth,

My connection with Uriah is the John Bond who was married to Philadelphia Hayward about 1793 they had 4 children one being a Thomas who married an Ann Bradley this is my line, they then had several children including a John Bond who married an Eliza Cripps they would be my mom's grandparents, they then had Herbert Charles Bond who married Adelaide Holland, mom's parents then they had two daughters Mom and her sister.  Do these names ring a bell with anyone?
Kathryn

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Donbeth,
You may find this link useful.
http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/DServe/DServe.exe?dsqApp=Archive&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqCmd=Index.tcl
Click on 'Quick Search' and then enter 'The Shambles'.
There are quite a few references in various documents.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 June 15 03:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate 777
I do not have Philadelphia or Ann in my research. Have you Uriah married to Anne Verinder. They were married in 1698. Where have you done your  research from. It can be a tad confusing because Bond is a common name.
Cheers
Donbeth

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 12 June 15 03:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor
'Thank you very much for that link,  I had a quick look, I will go through this info on  the week-end.
I will have more time then, unfortunately work comes first.
What a fabulous site.
Cheers
Donbeth