Author Topic: Captain Thomas Arthur Tresidder, Royal Scots  (Read 10853 times)

Offline geology

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Captain Thomas Arthur Tresidder, Royal Scots
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 22 April 15 14:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Jacquie!

Offline geology

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 22 April 15 14:54 BST (UK) »
Regarding the 1911 Census: Thomas Arthur's daughter was born circa 1911 (see 1921 census) in the U.S.A.  It appears very likely that T. Arthur was outside of Canada in 1911.

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 05:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
     If you have access to Ancestry, look for 2 Service Medal & Award Rolls entries for TA Tresidder re: Medal Awards.
     There are also 2 Medal Rolls Index Cards.
One for Thomas Arthur Tresidder (I presume the Index Card already mentioned in earlier posts)
Also one found under TA Tresidder. (These are all for Capt. TA Tresidder, the Royal Scots)

Death listed in London Gazette:
          https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/29354/supplement/10997

The Royal Scots (Gallipoli) War Diaries might be worth reading.

Regards,     Dod.
"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline Cramond Brig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 07:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
     If you have access to Ancestry, look for 2 Service Medal & Award Rolls entries for TA Tresidder re: Medal Awards.
     There are also 2 Medal Rolls Index Cards.
One for Thomas Arthur Tresidder (I presume the Index Card already mentioned in earlier posts)
Also one found under TA Tresidder. (These are all for Capt. TA Tresidder, the Royal Scots)

Death listed in London Gazette:
          https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/29354/supplement/10997

The Royal Scots (Gallipoli) War Diaries might be worth reading.

Regards,     Dod.

Thank you.

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cramond Brig,
     The initials "M.I.D." are on the Medal Rolls Index Card found under TA Tresidder. I assumed that meant "Mentioned in Despatches" but could only find what I thought was his death listed in 'The London Gazette'. (Page: 10997)
     I've just taken another look at 'The London Gazette'. On Page: 10995 is a Despatch received by the War Office from General Ian Hamilton, Commander-in-Chief, Mediterranean Expeditionary Force, in which he says, ".....I have the honour to submit herewith the following additional names of Officers, Non-commissioned Officers and Men whose services, during the operations described therein, I consider deserving of special mention." Capt. TA Tresidder, Royal Scots is included in the long list of names that follows.
     So, yes, Mentioned in Despatches. One of thousands of brave lads, mentioned or otherwise, lost in a terrible war.
               Regards,     Dod.

"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline Cramond Brig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cramond Brig,
     The initials "M.I.D." are on the Medal Rolls Index Card found under TA Tresidder. I assumed that meant "Mentioned in Despatches" but could only find what I thought was his death listed in 'The London Gazette'. (Page: 10997)
     I've just taken another look at 'The London Gazette'. On Page: 10995 is a Despatch received by the War Office from General Ian Hamilton, Commander-in-Chief, Mediterranean Expeditionary Force, in which he says, ".....I have the honour to submit herewith the following additional names of Officers, Non-commissioned Officers and Men whose services, during the operations described therein, I consider deserving of special mention." Capt. TA Tresidder, Royal Scots is included in the long list of names that follows.
     So, yes, Mentioned in Despatches. One of thousands of brave lads, mentioned or otherwise, lost in a terrible war.
               Regards,     Dod.

Thanks again Dod.