Author Topic: John Aubin  (Read 2566 times)

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Aubin
« on: Monday 07 May 12 15:31 BST (UK) »
I am searching for John Aubin supposedly born about 1888 in wolverhampton.
parents Emily jane and Charles aubin. 1891 census emily and her children are living in Zoar St Wolverhampton, her husband Charles is in lodgings, by 1901 he is in bilston st union workhouse and she is living in dudley road wolverhampton.
I cannot find a birth for John and he is not on the 1911 census. Can anyone help please

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Aubin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 May 12 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat

I have not found any further information for you yet - but am wondering why mods have moved your topic to Shropshire????

1891/1901 gives his p.o.b. as Wolverhampton???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 May 12 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Suz,
Not sure why it's been moved to Shropshire but could be either that Staffordshire was usually tied with Shropshire..........other reason....that's where I live, would that be possible ?
This man was my Grandfathers brother. GF always told his children that he didn't have bros/sister only a step brother and sister........however he did have several sisters and of course John.
Thank you for your message  :D

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 May 12 20:04 BST (UK) »
Not sure why it's been moved to Shropshire

I think it may have ended up here by accident - I'll pop it over to the Staffordshire board.   

Rambler   ;)
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 00:16 BST (UK) »
Emily is describing herself as widowed in 1891. I wondered until i read your post again whether that was his death in 1893. He possibly may have the aubin name but is john the father. Have the couple  split due to relationship problems or is he ill. She may have described herself as widowed to claim relief money.

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 07:10 BST (UK) »
They appear to have had a rocky marriage, Charles was absent when their son Charles John died. Father Charles was a locksmith and I feel couldn't live up to his more famous father. Charles did die in the workhouse in 1893 still being described as a Lockmith and pauper. The name Franklin/Franklyn has been alluded to as step-family but I cannot find any record of Emily Jane remarrying either under the name Aubin/St Aubin or maiden name Tripe.
Wolverhampton Registrar have searched 3 years either side of 1888 but still no trace of John Aubin. Emily worked as a Milliner.

:) Thank you weste

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 11:56 BST (UK) »
I wonder if it was John who was the "stepbrother" -maybe he had a different father to the rest.

Could he have been registered as Franklin??? Maybe Emily had a relationship with a Mr Franklin and John was the result???

There are birth reg's in Wolverhampton for John Franklin Jun qtr 1888 and there are 2 reg's for John Franklin (one has middle name Wenlock) in 1887.
John Wenlock Franklin is to be found on census.
There is a John Franklin death reg Jun 1888 Wolverhampton age 0
I cannot find a trace of the "other" John Franklin -so mayb e???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Suz
I think that Emily probably did have an relationship with someone else and John was the result. Unfortunately I can't tie the Franklyn family in with the Aubins at the moment, the one b in 1888 was with his parents on the other census returns. :(
Thank you for all your help, unfortunately I'm the oldest family member alive !
 :D

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 12:57 BST (UK) »
I still can't find the 3rd John Franklin on census??

There is John W Franklin -but he is one I had already eliminated????

Suz