Author Topic: John Aubin  (Read 2075 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Aubin
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 18:55 BST (UK) »
I have n't really took note of the ages of john's sisters, they are not old enough to have had him as a child????I've seen this in some families. It wouldbe good to find a decent record of baptism for this one.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 21:10 BST (UK) »
after being told for years that her father had no kin, it was rather a shock for my elderly mother when I told her that she did have Aunts ! She did remember
that 2 women dressed head to toe in black and that frightened them, but they were always dismissed and sent out. >:(
I can' t thank you all enough for your help and nice to know that I seem to have seemed to try most of the options
Thank you  :D

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 March 18 13:31 GMT (UK) »
To the kind people who tried to help with the research on this man, I have recently been contacted by his Great Granddaughter so the mystery has been solved.
In short Emily(my GGM) had a relationship with a John Franklin and the result was John Aubin who was actually registered by his father as John Franklin and he was b in 1887, Emily was named as his mother Emily Franklin nee Tripe, which was her maiden name prior to her marriage with Charles Aubin. John Franklin Snr d 1889. As previously stated Emily's husband Charles did not die until 1893. As she had previously called herself a Widow on Census, quite a few lies have been told in this family.
My GF W Aubin who was half brother to John is named and signs as a witness at John Jnr's marriage and none of my Aunts and Uncles knew anything about him ...........Lots of secrets in my family :-X  It has taken several years to resolve this mystery.