Author Topic: 16th Birmingham Girls' Life Brigade  (Read 12259 times)

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
Re: 16th Birmingham Girls' Life Brigade
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 27 December 14 21:40 GMT (UK) »
I could take some photos for you - I'm up in the Midlands! Stephanie will remember me from national competitions when I looked after the bouncy castle! All of our memorabilia is in our gb cupboard and we start back on 6th Jan. I could take loads of photos for you. If you want to come up though, you're always welcome!

Email me email address removed please use the private message function to exchange private information
Lisa
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline Beck14thGB

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 16th Birmingham Girls' Life Brigade
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm the captain of the 14th Birmingham GB company that was the 14th GLB. Your thread has come to my attention as we are celebrating 90 years of the company and so trying to find old girls and any memories of the company.  It started in 1919 and ran til 1969 then restarted in 1975, hence the 90 years! Unfortunately re the 16th GLB we were not connected.  We have found out that the 14th GLB met at Smith street school and was/is connected to People's Chapel Baptist Church, Great King Street.
Lisa it would be good to make contact as we don't have any old uniform & it would be good to see it,  either pictures or if possible borrow for our special service on 10th May.

Becky