Author Topic: GREAT TEW baptism lookup please COMPLETED thanks  (Read 728 times)

Offline Brownie1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GREAT TEW baptism lookup please COMPLETED thanks
« on: Thursday 10 May 12 13:37 BST (UK) »
If a kind soul has access to Great Tew Baptisms could they please search for Elizabeth Shelton or Sheldon or similar, round about 1805.  I have her marriage in 1824 in Swerford but she claimed birth in Great Tew.  Many thanks, fingers crossed.  Carl

Offline toby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT TEW baptism lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 May 12 14:14 BST (UK) »
Found an Elizabeth Sheldon bapt 17th July 1803 daughter of John and Elizabeth. Let me know if I can help you further.
Hayes Merthyr Tydfil,
Shepherd & Middleton Oxon
Middleton Yorkshire

Offline Brownie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 May 12 18:03 BST (UK) »
Toby thank you.  This has been one of my dead ends but this seems to be my Elizabeth.  She appeared on all censuses till 1891.  In 1851 she was aged 47 and in 1871 she was 67 so I am happy.  If you are able to check if there is any other info about the Sheldons in Great Tew, e.g. siblings' baptisms or a marriage between John and Elizabeth, the parents, I would be so grateful.  Will have to try to get to Oxford and look it all up but not likely to happen soon.  Many thanks for your help, Carl.

Offline toby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 May 12 18:54 BST (UK) »
Is it possible for you to let me know her married name so I can look for deaths? Also any children they my have had. At the moment I have not found  a marriage for John and Elizabeth her parents. Many thanks.
Hayes Merthyr Tydfil,
Shepherd & Middleton Oxon
Middleton Yorkshire

Offline Brownie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 May 12 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Toby.  Elizabeth Sheldon married Joseph Taylor in 1824 in Swerford, Oxon.  They moved back to his home village of Moreton Valence in Glos and I have everything relating to them from that time till they died, also their descendants.  It is just Elizabeth's ancestors that I know nothing about.  I would assume that they lived in or around Great Tew till they died.  Thanks for your help anyway; at least I know one more generation than I did a few days ago.  Regards, Carl