Author Topic: Euston - Tryddyn Nth Wales  (Read 12152 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Euston - Tryddyn Nth Wales
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 15:34 GMT (UK) »
I've looked at Hewson, Hewitson as well as the ones that i previously mentioned, Peter. Also the 1881 and 1891 images for the two Tryddyn EDs and nothing at all.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 09 March 08 11:46 GMT (UK) »
When Civil Registration was introduced (on 1 July 1837), the parish of Treuddyn was assigned to the No. 1 ("Hope") sub-district of the Wrexham Registration District, which was co-extensive with the Wrexham poor law Union.
On 1 August 1871, Treuddyn was transferred to the Hawarden poor law Union (established 1853); and for civil registration purposes, it was assigned to the No. 4 (" Hawarden") sub-district of the Chester Registration District.

On 1 January 1903, the sub-district of Hawarden was upgraded to a Registration District in its own right.

In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Treuddyn are found under:

Years 1837 - 1851: Wrexham XXVII.nnn
Years 1852 - 1871: Wrexham 11b.nnn
Years 1871 - 1902: Chester 8a.nnn
Years 1903 - 1946: Hawarden 11b.nnn

I searched Chester District under FreeBMD- no Walton first names or Euston last names between 1875-1885 and no Walter Eustons either ???
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline grandpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 10 March 08 04:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone and thankyou for your efforts.  To try to answer some of the questions I will give some info that might explain a bit more clearly. On all 5 "confirmed" Australian certificates I have bought it has a column for "Parents Names & Occupation" hence Wm EUSTON (Vet) & Mary (or on 1 cert Mabel Mary) NEWTON. On the death cert is states that Walton was in this State (Victoria) for 26 years.....being he died on 6th January 1930 I am assuming he arrived in 1903 (or the 1st week of 1904).
   As for the other certs I have bought I found them under the name of Walt Hy EUSTON. A marriage to Ruby Easton PRIGG from near Colac in Victoria in 1913, a birth of William Henry EUSTON in 1914 to Mabel Jane Lines. A contact from NZ (where Mabel LINES was born) says there is a record of marriage between Walt Hy EUSTON & Mabel Jane LINES. On William Henry EUSTON's birth cert in 1914 Mabel LINES had a previous son George Eric LINES born 21st August 1910 in NZ. Also on William Henry EUSTON's birth cert on 17th January 1913 Walt Hy is 31 ,a painter from Leicester in England,  and Mabel is 31 from NZ. On Rubys cert Walt is 29 and a house decorator from Stratford upon Avon and his parents were Thomas EUSTON & Mary Edkins (I think).
   When Walton Harry married Ella Gertrude SMITH in 1917 he was a widower in 1914. This raises a few questions. Who was his 1st wife and what happened? Did she die giving birth to William Henry? I can't find a death for either or for Mabel Or Ruby? Was there perhaps someone else? Did he change his name because of what happened in 1913/14. On the certs I bought it is possible that Walt Hy was Walter Henry, but I cannot be certain.
   And to finish off this little essay, as you can see there are lots of coincidences and unanswered questions and if he did change his name for what ever reason then the likelyhood of finding him is very slim.

Once again many thanks
Kind Regards Peter Euston

Offline grandpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 10 March 08 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello again, I was just in the Chat Room and chatting with a woman from NZ who found a marriage for Walter Henry EUSTON to Mabel Jane LINES in 1910 but no more details.
   I am in a quandry as to whether to buy this certificate (NZ$25.00)....is Walter Henry close enough to Walton Harry?  I wonder what other rootchatters think?

Kind Regards Peter Euston

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 04 April 08 23:40 BST (UK) »
It's tempting  :P   What do the NZ certs give, parent's names etc?  But again you may just get what you've already got.   

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 06 April 08 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hiya Peter

I'm replying on this post to save doubling work

In the 1851 census William and his family are all b Wiltshire. His father is called George and his mother is Esther. George is a porter

In 1881 there is a William H Hughes who is the Veterinary Surgeon in Swansea Glamorgan but his father is also called William a retired grocer. The only vet c1845 b Wiltshire is a Joseph Smith in Ucleby Lincolnshire

Can anyone come up with variations of how veterinary surgeon would be entered on the census as we can search by profession on the 1881 census?

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 06 April 08 19:01 BST (UK) »
Only thing I can come up with, Willow, is animal doctor. however, the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons was founded in 1844, so I would expect some kind of qualification.

It might be trying them:

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 06 April 08 19:26 BST (UK) »
I think Peter has tried the RCVS.

In my tree I have a farrier who is later a veterinary sugeon in the census.  I doubt if he ever had any formal qualifications.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 06 April 08 20:06 BST (UK) »
This William Hughes is RCVS on the census

His sister Mary Ann aged 28 & her husband Hiram Jones and family are listed

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /