Author Topic: Euston - Tryddyn Nth Wales  (Read 12108 times)

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Euston - Tryddyn Nth Wales
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 February 08 20:43 GMT (UK) »
I can't see anything under the surname NEWTON either - just in case he was illegitimate.

Have you found a trade directory entry for William EUSTON, veterinary surgeon?
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline grandpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 February 08 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bearcat, Yes I have been told of a directory entry for 1896 in in Glamorgan. Since getting my new PC I am still trying to find where I have saved it.
Again Many Thanks to you and to Peter (MSG above) for your interest in my brickwall. I agree with Peter and will try to prove or disprove this option. At the moment I am open to all possibilities.
Kind Regards
Peter Euston

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi  :)

The place is definitely in Flintshire - Trydden or Treuddyn.

I know that the North Wales BMD have all the birth registration for Flintshire up so it maybe worth a trawl through them.

I've tried Euston and Hooston

http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/births.html

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 09:16 GMT (UK) »
I was having a look at that great site yesterday but without any joy. :(  It's a shame you can't add a christian name to the search.

This chap is proving to be a bit of a mystery. ???
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 09:20 GMT (UK) »
I'm in the process of going through the 72 pages of the Tryddyn on the 1881 - lots of miners, ag labs, grocers, farmers, etc. but so far no vets and nothing that looks like the family. They could have moved on.

I'll report back shortly!

It could be that he made up his name and background though  :-\

Gadget

PS - anyone looked for a Walter Hughes  ::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 09:32 GMT (UK) »
It could be that he made up his name and background though  :-\

Interesting name & place of birth though.

The surname EUSTON conjures up images of a foundling at Euston Station.
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hewitson - maybe - there were lots in the area - had a friend with that surname  :o

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Well

I've reached the end of Tryddyn and nothing that looks anything like or a vet in sight. It might be worth checking at some point - eyes go boggled after a while  :-\

Back to drawing board  :(

Gadget

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 15:21 GMT (UK) »
In the absence of any birth record for a Euston it seems clear to me that either as Gadget suggests the name is made up but perhaps more likely that it is a corruption of the sound. Hughes is possible but I cannot see a possible. Hooson as I suggested is also possible as are others.
Maybe the key is as Peter Euston first suggested in finding the name in a contemporary register of veterinary surgeons. There must be an association. Have you contacted them?
You state originally that William Euston married Mary Newton. As there is no proof where did you find your information? You also state that Walton was born in Tryddyn in all the certificates you have bought. What are these? Tryddyn is very specific and yet again we cannot find the birth.
Sorry to go back over what I am sure is old ground for you but I am running out of ideas.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"