Author Topic: McDonnell's of Moorehall  (Read 10735 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McDonnell's of Moorehall
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 July 18 22:29 BST (UK) »
,#,
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 06 July 18 22:32 BST (UK) »
Alexander McDonnell   M       ? Kilkeil

Alexander McDonnell - M - Elizabeth Fitzgerald

John Joe McDonnell       Alexander  McDonnell - M - Mary Lavelle
  (possible search DOB 1799)                        Died 1852

Their Children
Edward Peter,   Elizabeth, Henry,  James,  Jane,  Joe,  Kathleen, Alick McDonnell - M - Mary Cannon                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                         (Married about 1857
                                                                                                                as per 1911 Census)
                                                                     DOB About 1835

Alick McDonnell and Mary Cannons Children
Francis           Henry             Seamus or James    John         Patrick    Alexander       Mary                     
1861 – 1933  1864 - 1948     1865 -  1939          1866 -     1870 -     1871 - 1954    1876 -         

And we all come from one of these if you can fill gaps on any of the above dates that would be
great.  I have the parish record for the Baptism of all Alick and Marys Children and this sometimes can be before the birth on official records, Children had to be registered by a certain period after the birth and it was not always possible to do so within the time frame because registry offices are not in local towns. it was done when they went into town and to avoid a fine the birthday was moved to within the registry period.

IF
they were RC....have you searched the Church Registers that are online free??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline duffyfarrell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 07 July 18 00:39 BST (UK) »

Yes I have, sadly the NLI Parish birth records online for the area, only run from 1839 to 1881, this has given me the date of baptism for all the children of Alick McDonnell but sadly not Alick himself, who is just outside the scope.  Alick  was born abt 1835, Mary Cannon his wife is older so around 1830/1825 ish depending on which census you go by.
But any gaps you can fill in would be greatly appreciated.  I have not completed the next generation here, which is our great grand parent (there are a lot of them, around 17 at last count before including their children and grandchildren).  Most of Alick's children emigrated to the USA and England.  When I get that far I will post it and hopefully helping to reconnected more of the family.
McDonnell Mayo
Duffy         Longford
Kelly          Roscommon
Coffee        Manchester
O'Connor   Dublin/ USA/Canada/Australia
Carthy       Drogheda
Mc Carthy  Dublin

Offline duffyfarrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 03 August 18 23:43 BST (UK) »
Mary Kiely born McDonnell B 1879 when to the usa on 27 Jan 1930 to stay with her son Michael
McDonnell Mayo
Duffy         Longford
Kelly          Roscommon
Coffee        Manchester
Carthy       Drogheda
Mc Carthy  Dublin

Offline duffyfarrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 September 18 14:12 BST (UK) »
Another bit of information Margaret Kiely (1908 - 1956) daughter of Mary McDonnell (1876) married Patrick Keary in 1932 in New York.
McDonnell Mayo
Duffy         Longford
Kelly          Roscommon
Coffee        Manchester
Carthy       Drogheda
Mc Carthy  Dublin

Offline Clark7777

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Mac Donnell's

MY Grandmother mentioned  that there was Mac Donnell in my family. Julia Mac Donnell. She was referred  too  as lady Julia  and her father Sir. about the time of 1860  Does any body have a Julia in there family  ?

Many thanks.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Muckish the flat-topped mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 15:42 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

For others, here's information about the history of Moorehall. It's situated to the south of the village of Carnacon in County Mayo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore_Hall,_County_Mayo
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01qyq/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline duffyfarrell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 03 October 21 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Mac Donnell's

MY Grandmother mentioned  that there was Mac Donnell in my family. Julia Mac Donnell. She was referred  too  as lady Julia  and her father Sir. about the time of 1860  Does any body have a Julia in there family  ?

Many thanks.
Sorry Clark7777, I have not come across any Julia,  Although our McDonnells seem to have connections with the important Families in Mayo (Fitzgerald, Moore Jordan, Browns, Cruffs etc) they did not have any titles so I would say that there is no connection between our McDonnell.  But as your MacDonnell's do have a title then they should show up in one of the peerage books.  Do you know where they lived that would be a good place to start.  Another small point is your MacDonnell's are "Mac" and for the most part ours are "Mc's" of course there are exceptions. 
McDonnell Mayo
Duffy         Longford
Kelly          Roscommon
Coffee        Manchester
Carthy       Drogheda
Mc Carthy  Dublin

Offline Crowley75

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 22 March 22 10:18 GMT (UK) »
If anyone has info on my great grandparents Patrick McDonnell and his wife Brigid Agnes Moore, to text me thanks. Both from mayo Ireland.