Author Topic: Tipton Homeguard  (Read 1329 times)

Offline lweston191

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tipton Homeguard
« on: Monday 21 May 12 15:11 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anybody could provide any information on the Tipton (Staffordshire) home guard, I understand an Arthur Weston served with them, and I would like to find out any information about the home guard or records held

Offline ADM199

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Tipton Homeguard
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 May 12 18:05 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anybody could provide any information on the Tipton (Staffordshire) home guard, I understand an Arthur Weston served with them, and I would like to find out any information about the home guard or records held

You may have a wait, but the File WO 409 at the National Archives should eventually give all you want to know.
Prisoners of War. North Africa,Italy and Germany

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 May 12 19:06 BST (UK) »
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline ChrisEM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 January 18 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Are you still seeking information?  I may have something.

Chris
The Home Guard of Great Britain - the story of units and individuals 1940-1944 - http://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk

Offline ChrisEM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 January 18 11:21 GMT (UK) »
It seems as though iWeston191 no longer visits this thread. But just in case anyone else is interested, I have recently uploaded a significant amount of information about this unit, the 41st Staffordshire (Tipton) Battalion.  It includes amongst other things a complete list of members as at April 1944 together with personal details including rank, HG number, sub-unit, function and personal weapon.  Might be useful to Black Country family history researchers!

To dig it out, the best place to start is the Summary and General Information page here:  http://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk/DotherReminiscences155A41stStaffs.htm

Chris
The Home Guard of Great Britain - the story of units and individuals 1940-1944 - http://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 January 18 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,

That's part of the link I gave in 2012 - see reply #2 above - good to see it still works :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline ChrisEM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 January 18 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Carol, still there after 12 years, still adding information, still hoping that it's a bit of use to someone, somewhere - but only very rarely ever REALLY knowing!!

Chris

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 January 18 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Well Chris, you can rest assured that some of it was immensely helpful to me in my last paid job.  I'll PM you.

Carol

OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE