Author Topic: Owen Pritchard  (Read 6046 times)

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Owen Pritchard
« on: Thursday 24 May 12 11:15 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the birth of Owen Pritchard born in Bryngwran,  circa 1843. 

I am also looking for his marriage , I believe  to Ann Humphries born Porthmadog born circa 1843.  I think the marriage was around 1868 when their son was born or before.

It is so long that I was working on records on the Lleyn, that I have forgotten which district Porthmadog came under.  I have also tried for his birth, surely Anglesey would not be in Bangor district.

Please help me.  I have so many Welsh lines that I am drowning in them at the moment!!!!!

Thank you in advance if you can help me
Jefferiss,Hodges,Gill, Cornwell, Stallibrass,Shirreff, Foulkes (CAE) Foulke(DEN ) Roberts, Owen,Morgans, Jones++ Jenkins,Williams

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Pritchard
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 May 12 11:26 BST (UK) »
I should have said that if you are a member of Gwynedd FHS  their story is under the title of "

Landio'n Port " in the latest journal . They belong to a maternal cousin of mine , and I am trying to help her with further

details, but my translations are getting bogged down !!  I still have some brain to help me translate

this article, but I am a little bit lost as to whether he was in Liverpool before the 1871 census in

Porthmadog.

Thank you
Jefferiss,Hodges,Gill, Cornwell, Stallibrass,Shirreff, Foulkes (CAE) Foulke(DEN ) Roberts, Owen,Morgans, Jones++ Jenkins,Williams

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 May 12 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
Parts of Anglesey along the Menai Straits did at one time come under Bangor.
Porthmadog is parish of Ynyscynhaiarn/ynyscynhaearn. Registration District Ffestiniog pre 1935.
Emyr

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 May 12 13:32 BST (UK) »
NorthWalesBMD has:-
 Owen Prichard  1844  (mmn Williams) Bryngwran   ref. BRYNGWRAN/01/E98
Registers at Llangefni

Owen Prichard and Ann Humphreys 1867 St Cynhaearn,Ynyscynhaearn
ref. DWYYNSCYN/1/E357
Registers at Pwllheli

Regards
Roger

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 May 12 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi
Owen and wife Anne living same house as her parents in Porthmadog, 45 Madoc St., in 1871, but shown as two families (i.e 2 'Heads').
1871 Wales Census>Caernarvonshire>Ynyscynhaiarn>Dist. 8>p. 49/50  Sch.284/285.
Owen and Anne both 28 and children, Thomas 3, Elizabeth 1, William 1month.
Joined GFHS some months ago but haven't received Journal. You mention moving to Liverpool, and the Journal account 'Landio'n Port'. Does this mean that they moved to Liverpool then returned to Port ? Owen, in 1871, was a saddler. I know a couple of people who are descendants of a saddler from Port, surname Prichard. It's possible I might see one or both on Saturday.
I have a subscription to Ancestry and there is a facility to forward copies by e-mail to 'friends'. If the recipient does not have a subscription then he/she has to access the info within 10 days. If you want me to forward the info this way, supply me with your e-mail address by Personal Message.
Emyr

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 May 12 19:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you both Roger and Emyr for your help and the information supplied.

I used the NWBMD for the first time and put all the details I had into it and came out " with no results " !!!  There is obviously a knack of finding what you need !! 

I also went through the GR,BMD and found many births but none in ANY.  Some were in Bangor, but I felt that something wasn't quite right.  I had a funny feeling that Ffestiniog was right for Porthmadog.
Most of my papers with this information is in the attic , and I really do need to sort it out  ;D

Thank you both very  much indeed for your help

Madlen
Emyr , I will PM you re the details.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 May 12 19:22 BST (UK) »
You are more likely to get a "no results" return if you leave the default setting at "exact".If you choose"near" instead it sometimes helps with spelling variants as in Pritchard/Prichard and Humphreys/Humphries.Some data bases have a phonetic/soundex option.

Regards
Roger

Offline nainmaddie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 May 12 19:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Roger !!

That is exactly what I did, so now I know what not to do.!!!

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 October 13 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi I am a descendent of William Pritchard Saddler of Bryngwran, probably same family?!!!