Author Topic: Alexander Nelson Haggert Pringle  (Read 2809 times)

Offline moamabob

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Nelson Haggert Pringle
« on: Tuesday 29 May 12 02:00 BST (UK) »
I am currently on the trail for information of my stepfather & his parents early life in Scotland,
all my Ref comes from his birth certificate,
Alexander Nelson Haggart Pringle
born 28 April 1912 George Square Coupar Angus
Father Alexander Pringle...Barman,
Mother Mary Jane Pringle nee Haggart marriage 23 December 1910 Collessie,
signed by Alexander Pringle father,
signed by registrar Robert K McIntyre 14 May 1912
Alexander, Mary Jane & Alexander Nelson Haggart emigrated abt 1920 ship unknown, Alexander" Pop to me" died 1965 Sydney, Mary Jane this lady is unknown to me as they had separated before Alexander Nelson Haggart married my mother Hazel Frances Mary Spilsted, died 1955 Sydney.
Grateful for any help.

Offline lizci

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Nelson Haggert Pringle
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 15:29 BST (UK) »
If you go to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk you'll be able to search for the marriage of Alexander Pringle and Mary Jane Haggart.  If you buy some credits you'll be able to view the certificate online.  It'll give you their ages when they married, groom's (and possibly bride's) occupation,  the names of their parents including mothers' maiden names, occupations of the two fathers, and whether the parents were deceased at the time of the marriage.  There'll also be names of witnesses, who may be relatives.

From that information you'll probably be able to find the families on censuses, which will show you the family as a whole (so names and ages of any siblings living at home).  If you want, you'll also be able to search for Alexander and Mary Jane's birth certificates.

Lizci

PS - Collessie is in Fife.
Gilchrist, Twaddle, Jamieson - LANARKSHIRE; Moffat, Irving - DUMFRIESSHIRE; Ninian - FIFE/EDINBURGH/DUNDEE; Campbell - ARGYLL; Johnston - BERWICKSHIRE/ROXBURGHSHIRE/LANARKSHIRE; Swanston - BERWICKSHIRE; Pirie - ABERDEENSHIRE; Cameron - FORFARSHIRE/ABERDEENSHIRE; Alexander - FORFARSHIRE; Taylor - LANCASHIRE; Dee, Rudd, Vasseur - LONDON; Johnson, Wooding, Linger - BEDFORDSHIRE; Simmons, Lane - DEVON.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

I think Mary Jane Haggart may have been a bit older than Alexander Pringle
NSW deaths has Mary Jane Pringle 1955 Hurstville , parents Peter and Mary

1921 London to Sydney
Alexander Pringle born 1888 , Mary J Pringle b. 1878 , Alexander Pringle b. 1912
(Just looking at the free index so not sure if this is a family)

1881 Whitehouse Cot. , Murroes , Angus
Peter Haggart 28 ag lab born Liff Angus
Mary Haggart 28 b. Dairsie , Fife(nee Greig ?)
Mary Jane Haggart 4 b. Airlie , Angus
Isabella Haggart 2 b. Monikie , Angus
Peter Haggart 3months b. Murroes , Angus

As Lizci notes you'll really need the marriage cert. to see if any of the above is possible

ev

Added - The 1901 Census has Peter Haggart b. c1852 Liff with spouse Mary Haggart b. c1853 dairsie , and Mary Jane Haggart b. c1878 Airlie , all living Collessie Fife
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Ron H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 May 15 08:59 BST (UK) »
Peter Haggart is my Grandfather x 2.

Son Peter Haggart and family also emigrated to Aust. Sydney in 1928

I have some records back to about 1750 which you are welcome to have.