Author Topic: Rosenbaum Steamship Bank Records  (Read 732 times)

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rosenbaum Steamship Bank Records
« on: Thursday 31 May 12 22:33 BST (UK) »
Is anyone familiar with the Rosenbaum Bank records?  i see that H. Lewin is listed frequently as a purchaser.  Could he have been an agent or something?

Thanks, Lisa
Bentley-Lancs & West Yorkshire, Schofield- Lancs, Cooke & Abbott-Northamptonshire & Canada, Smith & Careless-Staffs, Stewart-Scotland & Canada, Hamill-Ireland, Canada & Maine

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rosenbaum Steamship Bank Records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 June 12 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

Many of the names listed as purchasers are actually employees of or agents for the Bank.

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/USA/PhilaRosenbaum.htm#P3

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sccond

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rosenbaum Steamship Bank Records
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 June 12 12:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra. That must be the case with the records I just received.  I was hoping to get some new info from it, but not to be...

Thanks again, Lisa
Bentley-Lancs & West Yorkshire, Schofield- Lancs, Cooke & Abbott-Northamptonshire & Canada, Smith & Careless-Staffs, Stewart-Scotland & Canada, Hamill-Ireland, Canada & Maine